• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Carlton rainflies dropping today. Don't love any of the colors. Not sure I want to spend $65 for a rainfly in a color I don't love/doesn't match my bag

Missed them again...good thing I got a different bag that actually has accessories available, because it was raining during league night earlier this week. I'd have been royally screwed if I used my carlton.

I played my first round with the Carlton Friday evening. I'm not disappointed. Pretty much the perfect bag for me and oh so comfortable. One thing about the Grip I had was the straps didn't seem to fit right-no matter what I did they always felt like they were trying to come off my shoulders unless I had the chest clipped. No issue with the Carlton. I love that I can have all my go-to discs in the putter pouch and the 3-disc sleeve and they're easy to reach and easy to keep organized. Although, if I had to do over, I'd probably just get 3-disc sleeves on both sides. Also, it was pretty drizzly but with closing the top every time it was fairly easy to keep the discs dry-ish even sans rainfly.

Missed them again...good thing I got a different bag that actually has accessories available, because it was raining during league night earlier this week. I'd have been royally screwed if I used my carlton.

I have THULE and I am very pleased.

Saw a couple folks on facebook this weekend showing off bags they ordered on 4/1, timing seems pretty early, but that's mostly me trying not to get too excited because I ordered mine on 4/1 as well and the instant gratification side of me would love to see it come in 2-4 weeks earlier than expected.

Missed the Carlton again. . .wonder for how long they can keep selling out in hours?

Missed the Carlton again. . .wonder for how long they can keep selling out in hours?

It was either April or May, but the custom Carltons were actually open for 2 days or so before selling out. Seemed like things were calming down a bit.

Saw a couple folks on facebook this weekend showing off bags they ordered on 4/1, timing seems pretty early, but that's mostly me trying not to get too excited because I ordered mine on 4/1 as well and the instant gratification side of me would love to see it come in 2-4 weeks earlier than expected.

Wow that's crazy, I ordered in Feb and I was right in the 10-12 week window.

Are you seeing custom octos or the stock runs that are put up each week?

Credit to Levi and Pound for:

1) Creating a premium specialized product with a terrific reputation

2) Figuring out a way to manage supply where demand is overwhelming. They seem to have hit a zone where the product is rightfully exclusive/hard to get, without making people feel shut out

It just now occurs to me that some disc manufacturers (<ahem> Discmania) could learn from #2 above. The same solution isn't necessarily right for them, but Pound has succeeded in not being the focus of continued online complaints...

Just went back and found the post, I'm not sure if I can link a FB photo here but it was a Kryptek green bottom, navy top, tan zippers with maroon logo patch, I don't think that was one of the recent stock runs was it?

I don't know, I don't follow that closely. I was just curious if the customers were moving faster or the "stock" drops...

Credit to Levi and Pound for:

1) Creating a premium specialized product with a terrific reputation

2) Figuring out a way to manage supply where demand is overwhelming. They seem to have hit a zone where the product is rightfully exclusive/hard to get, without making people feel shut out

It just now occurs to me that some disc manufacturers (<ahem> Discmania) could learn from #2 above. The same solution isn't necessarily right for them, but Pound has succeeded in not being the focus of continued online complaints...

So, I think Pound is getting close on #2. I missed out a couple times before finally getting my custom ordered. But, I was frustrated. I was like Fry in that meme where he yells, "Shut-up & take my money!"

Additionally, because Pound originally focused so diligently on creating a premium, specialized product with a terrific reputation, they have a ton of evangelical supporters that outnumber any and all nay-sayers online.

I get the complaints. It was expensive and I'm growing impatient because I want it now. But, it'll be here soon enough...

Certainly they appear to be hitting a sweet spot of rarity that lets them charge a premium and still sell out in minutes. But (and maybe I'm totally off base with this and projecting my own opinions on the larger disc golfer group) I think Grip etc are also giving away customers with their lackadaisical color choices. We buy discs in hot pink, blaze orange, day-glo yellow etc and the only bag color choices are black, non-fluorescent green, and tacticool? And when they do a limited run it seems like it's usually dark red or something. It doesn't have to be Pound silvertip but give the people a neon orange or a hot pink bag once in a while.

The new Constructicon color scheme Octothorpes are interesting but sadly too rich for my blood.

My rainfly is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I've been following their FB page for a while and saw the heads up about the restock a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't exactly happy with the color choices, so I grabbed a purple one. If you also wind up with a color that you don't like and want to trade at some point, let me know!

This is the Charlton I'm leaning on getting next season. It's the color way I choose for my Thorpe & Toolbox20211215_124825.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Looks like the new RUFUS bag is in it´s prototype stage, Pound will drop videos of the prototypes this week...

Wonder if this will be something like a Grip G or more a small backpack, , hard to see in the teaser pics.

Latest posts