• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

I was planning to order a Carlton sometime this season after pretty much giving up hope that the rufus would come out in the near future. This is very exciting news for sure!

Because I hate money I ordered a black and hot pink rainfly to match my bag, and one of those little pouches they're advertising. I'll use that as a man purse at work.

Because I hate money I ordered a black and hot pink rainfly to match my bag, and one of those little pouches they're advertising. I'll use that as a man purse at work.

That's mostly Levi's fault for making cool stuff. I had a perfectly functional black/navy rainfly for my pound bag but I had to jump on those multi-color electric blue, hot pink, purple, black rainflys they ran a little while ago.

The only downside now is I like it more than the color scheme of my bag and it doesn't rain often enough to really enjoy it.

That's mostly Levi's fault for making cool stuff. I had a perfectly functional black/navy rainfly for my pound bag but I had to jump on those multi-color electric blue, hot pink, purple, black rainflys they ran a little while ago.

The only downside now is I like it more than the color scheme of my bag and it doesn't rain often enough to really enjoy it.

Similar situation here. I have a purple and black but I always wanted hot pink to match the bag so when I saw those available I had to go for it

Holds about 15ish. Great smaller bag. I don't want to steal Levi's thunder.

so not much smaller than a carlton. I'm only fitting about 17 in there comfortably. I'd guess it's more of a 'traditional' layout if the loadout capacity is nearly the same

so not much smaller than a carlton. I'm only fitting about 17 in there comfortably. I'd guess it's more of a 'traditional' layout if the loadout capacity is nearly the same

Exactly right, Levi posted a video of it on social media. I guess I would compare it to a Grip C series in size but similar to an Octo in terms of design. Looks like a great little bag.

I admired how critical Levi is of the prototype, and how he talked about things he's tried (the "hammock") pockets, and the aspects he thinks still aren't quite right.

I get the impression that it's a long way until he's really satisfied, and I wonder what point it gets to be "good enough to sell." Do you buy a first release knowing that next generations will likely be more refined and tweaked?

I don't know when it goes on sale, but after the video I found myself still excited, but more hesitant to pull the trigger....

Hmm, I assumed it would be backpack-ish but I didn't really expect it to be a straight-up mini Octo. This is much bigger and more serious than I was thinking it would be. I was looking forward to something compact for travel and quick 9-hole rounds.

Looking forward to to the next videos to see how it evolves, that was an interesting inside look with the Rapscallion travel bag.

As much as I love LB bags, I think my next purchase will probably be a Revo Mini instead.

I feel like they made this one an awkward size. I don't really see them hitting big in a market where it's competing with the very affordable C series, at this size of capacity. Yes, there's something to be said for Pound quality, but I just don't see people in the market for this size of bag paying the 'upgrade' cost over what's already a very good bag with the C series.

I have a Carlton, and this size is just too awkward for what I'd want to carry. I don't think I would have bought the Rufus given the choice between the two

I like the idea of a slightly smaller octo, but it wouldn't have hurt my feeling is it was even smaller either. I don't use my octo as much since buying a cart and if I'm hiking rugged terrain it's not always fun to bring a that much weight. The Carlton literally and figuratively rubbed me the wrong way, so I'm willing to test the waters again.

I like the idea of a slightly smaller octo, but it wouldn't have hurt my feeling is it was even smaller either. I don't use my octo as much since buying a cart and if I'm hiking rugged terrain it's not always fun to bring a that much weight. The Carlton literally and figuratively rubbed me the wrong way, so I'm willing to test the waters again.

I love my Carlton but it is definitely a bit unconventional and I can see how some might not like it as much

I like the look of the Rufus. I like my Grip C, but it's a "first run" with no side storage. Grip has a C out now with side storage, but just in tan color (no thanks). My Grip B is fine, but even that carries more than I need most of the time.

If I can get a bag with Grip C type disc capacity but more 'accessory/other' storage, I'd be down with that. Aside, but I do not care for the Carlton design one bit.

… might wait for the squatch version tho…………… jk tehe.

I think y'all are sizing up this bag I little bigger than it is. Remember the Carlton was identical in capacity to the octothorpe with a more unconventional approach. Levi said this is smaller than a Carlton especially since it doesn't have the extended haul pockets on the size. I agree side storage absolutely needs to be re worked but disc capacity sounds on point for what he wanted the Rufus to be originally

I think y'all are sizing up this bag I little bigger than it is. Remember the Carlton was identical in capacity to the octothorpe with a more unconventional approach. Levi said this is smaller than a Carlton especially since it doesn't have the extended haul pockets on the size. I agree side storage absolutely needs to be re worked but disc capacity sounds on point for what he wanted the Rufus to be originally

Levi said they would do a side by side with the Carlton etc later on in the design process