• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

This bag looks really nice. I especially like how the putter pocket is done. Right now I carry a Shift for normal rounds and a Focus for short rounds. I actually like the camelback in the Focus and wondered if someone would put it in a larger bag. It's a nice feature for those that would use it, and if you don't it still has the bottle holder on the side. I'm not sure where you'd put a 2nd designated bottle holder though, the opposite side pocket is set up for more discs so if you are carrying that many discs and had a bottle attached to the outside of that pocket the bag would be a little wide. How many people carry more than 22 discs?

In heavy heat I might pee once in 3 hours after drinking 80oz of water, it's all sweat. I have no issue taking the pack on 3-4 times a hole regardless of weight, doesn't seem to affect me. I stay in good shape and that water intake is right on target with my experience playing soccer and football.

It's a really big deal when playing multiple rounds in a day too, that second round will be awful if you get dehydrated.

On a 70 degree day, I'm good with 40 oz in the same amount of time.

holy heck -- glad i'm not like this lol.

78445-airplane-movie-pilot-sweating-Hc3R.gif

That 4-putter top slot might be what gets me to spend premium backpack money. My current primary bag is a Shift and I constantly wish the top slot were just a touch bigger to more easily accommodate the three Aviars and one Nova that see heavy rotation on my home courses.

I'll also admit to some initial concern with a single bottle spot when I moved from a Karma/Mojo to the Shift, but that has been no problem (see elegant solution outlined above by davidrboy :hfive:). Not like I need quick-draw access to both hydroflasks/nalgenes/etc. It also looks like the bigger lower side pocket will hold three beers and a blueice perfectly, which is way more likely to be what I'm carrying than a second full size water bottle on any given round. And even on those nasty hot days I'll be able to drop a half-frozen camelback bladder into its special place, keep the tallboys cold, and be in super-hydration mode!

Add in the other details (waterproof zippers, nice umbrella sleeve, safe but accessible phone pocket for us electronic data loggers) with actual backpack yoke expertise and I am officially on board. Now I just need to stop buying plastic for a little bit and save up...

Good looking bag. Although the bag material to me looks thin. Playing in AZ I have to walk through trees with big thorns sometimes. The grip bag I have has no issue with that but this nylon mite fray. I like how compact it is while having lots of storage. I just don't see the justification in the price. There are bags 100$ cheaper that are just as good. If this bag didn't have "mystery ranch or Mahal" with it, no one would pay 280. I bought my grip when it was basically the first backpack out , because it revolutionized the way we carry discs. The bags that came after are all the same, which is inevitable. I think dg companies need to focus on a cart. The only way to change the way we carry discs is to actually stop carrying them

The bag looks good, but I'm not buying the "frame flexibility is a good thing" jargon. You put a heavily top or side loaded bag on a slope and a "flexible" bag is going to have a lot of lean going on. Give the people solid frames

I just don't see the justification in the price. There are bags 100$ cheaper that are just as good.
I don't see other bags using teflon coated cordura, waterproof zippers, densified urethane padding, neodymium magnets, and fiberglass framing. That stuff may be overkill when it comes to a DG bag, but make no mistake that those are all premium materials being used in this bag which is driving the price point up. Add all that stuff up, including profit margin, and I think the cost is quite reasonable against the top end bags like the Voodoo ST, Grip A-series, and Mahal.

I don't see other bags using teflon coated cordura, waterproof zippers, densified urethane padding, neodymium magnets, and fiberglass framing. That stuff may be overkill when it comes to a DG bag, but make no mistake that those are all premium materials being used in this bag which is driving the price point up. Add all that stuff up, including profit margin, and I think the cost is quite reasonable against the top end bags like the Voodoo ST, Grip A-series, and Mahal.

Agreed 100%.

I honestly don't think 99% of disc golfers ever come across a issue where those materials make there bag worth 100 dollars more. Its like having 2 of the same hammers but one is space age metal and 100$ more. Same design, diff materials that don't improve anything involving the average use of the product. You can let your big words drain your wallet

Last edited:
I could maybe understand your reasoning from a cost vs. performance perspective, but I don't get this at all...
Same design, diff materials that don't improve anything involving the average use of the product.
To argue your point, between the zippers and the coated cordura, this bag is seemingly waterproof (outside of a torrential downpour). And that's without the added rainfly. No other bags on the market that I know of can say that. Is it overkill for someone like myself that lives in water-starved SoCal? Definitely. But to someone who may live in more of a rain soaked part of the country, where they would value that type of feature, it might certainly be worth the ~$30 markup from a Grip/Voodoo/Mahal. In other words, "value" is dependent on what the user is seeking from their product. That space-age hammer obviously serves a practical purpose to a smaller percentage of people who value it for what it is. Same goes for this bag.

All that said, I don't think that the price point is bad at all considering the features, the materials being used, and the overall ergonomic design. Comparing it to the other higher end bags that I mentioned before, I can see much more of a valued price point with the LB. I still don't know how Grip can get away with selling their bags for what they do outside of people simply paying for their name brand. The new AX15 Grip bag is priced exactly the same. $279. No waterproof zippers there, but guaranteed people will be scooping those things up like they're candy! :p

I could maybe understand your reasoning from a cost vs. performance perspective, but I don't get this at all...To argue your point, between the zippers and the coated cordura, this bag is seemingly waterproof (outside of a torrential downpour). And that's without the added rainfly. No other bags on the market that I know of can say that. Is it overkill for someone like myself that lives in water-starved SoCal? Definitely. But to someone who may live in more of a rain soaked part of the country, where they would value that type of feature, it might certainly be worth the ~$30 markup from a Grip/Voodoo/Mahal. In other words, "value" is dependent on what the user is seeking from their product. That space-age hammer obviously serves a practical purpose to a smaller percentage of people who value it for what it is. Same goes for this bag.

All that said, I don't think that the price point is bad at all considering the features, the materials being used, and the overall ergonomic design. Comparing it to the other higher end bags that I mentioned before, I can see much more of a valued price point with the LB. I still don't know how Grip can get away with selling their bags for what they do outside of people simply paying for their name brand. The new AX15 Grip bag is priced exactly the same. $279. No waterproof zippers there, but guaranteed people will be scooping those things up like they're candy! :p

I know that the LB bag is most likely going to be high quality. Waterproofing is way overated. Most disc golfers get stuck in the rain, they don't go when it's raining, so for as often as you get stuck in the rain, the rainfly's on the bags are more than enough. Grip is pushing there luck with this new ax15 bag. I paid 180$ for my L series grip when they first came out and that money was justified for design first , then durability. Now we have lots of backpack designs with quality materials in the 150 price range. Even what I paid for my bag was dumb but I wanted a bag that was made for discs and could last a lifetime.

The reason these bags are so much is because they know that they won't be selling them for years to come. Mainly because of the design. A backpack is a backpack, once on your shoulders they are interchangeable. The cheapest semi-quality backpack with the most color options will win in the disc golf market. The Ranger bag has the most sustainable product model right now until a new design is invented. Many color choices, made by a name-brand company (ogio), semi-good quality material, and a sub 200 price point. New bag makers better follow that or there sales will decline year after year.

I really like the way this bag is laid out
I really like the use of premium materials
I really dis like the water bladder program
I will just store my hoodie there.
I don't think it's over priced

I honestly don't think 99% of disc golfers ever come across a issue where those materials make there bag worth 100 dollars more. Its like having 2 of the same hammers but one is space age metal and 100$ more. Same design, diff materials that don't improve anything involving the average use of the product. You can let your big words drain your wallet

Disagree 100% for a couple of different reasons. The reality is that the majority of the backpacks on the market haven't been used long enough and by enough people to really know just how well they are going to last over the long term. There are a FEW that have, there are many many more that have not. Gorrilla boy, Revo, and Grip all stand out as bags that are clearly tanks. I suspect the Mahal is as well but I don't know anyone that has carried one for years. If I'm paying anywhere in the current market range of 180-280 dollars for a disc golf bag I want that sucker to last a LONG time. I see a lot of 12-18 month old rangers that are on their last legs. I suspect some of these other newer bags on that end of the pricing spectrum will be similar. Personally I'm willing to pay the extra 100 knowing its the last bag I'll need for quite some time.

I'm pretty much enthralled with is bag, which sucks because my Flak 4 came in the mail a week ago.

I'd rather have 2 water bottle holders, however I think the integrated bladder is a good enough compromise. The idea of a bag with a ton of storage and only one bottle holder always pissed me off. "Its got so much storage, if you need another beverage just put your 2nd bottle or a bladder in the storage pocket!" And then all that extra storage is taken up by the fact that you don't have a second bottle holder, isn't that lovely? I think the integrated bladder design is pretty slick. Back when I used a bag and quads on really hot days I would wear a camelback on the course and just leave it on while I threw.

There is a lot to like about this bag. Will anyone give me retail paypal on an unused flak 4? Jk.... maybe.

Disagree 100% for a couple of different reasons. The reality is that the majority of the backpacks on the market haven't been used long enough and by enough people to really know just how well they are going to last over the long term. There are a FEW that have, there are many many more that have not. Gorrilla boy, Revo, and Grip all stand out as bags that are clearly tanks. I suspect the Mahal is as well but I don't know anyone that has carried one for years. If I'm paying anywhere in the current market range of 180-280 dollars for a disc golf bag I want that sucker to last a LONG time. I see a lot of 12-18 month old rangers that are on their last legs. I suspect some of these other newer bags on that end of the pricing spectrum will be similar. Personally I'm willing to pay the extra 100 knowing its the last bag I'll need for quite some time.

It all depends on how you treat your bag. I could make a ranger last a lifetime and destroy a Mahal in a year. It actually makes more sense for a company to make a attractive bag with semi-good quality and lower price point.
Not enough people in the DG market to sustain a indestructible bag. Make a bag in a ton of colors that lasts about 5-7 years with normal use. Lifetime warranties are a marketing thing. Every bag will fail due to wear and tear, it will not stay brand new for a lifetime with normal use. Colors will fade, stitching will fail, material will thin.

Not enough people in the DG market to sustain a indestructible bag. Make a bag in a ton of colors that lasts about 5-7 years with normal use..

I agree with the above 100%, but apparently we have drastically different opinions on what bags are actually going to last that kind of time frame.

I'm hoping this company comes out with a smaller version along the lines of shift, ergo 2, or grip c14 - 16 to 18 disc capacity with, yes.....2 water bottle holders, no water bladder. I like the vertical storage idea. Like the Mahal lover guy has said, so you look down and see your discs without crouching down and looking into your bag. I would wait for a bag like that to come out from this company seeing all the thought and quality materials that went into this first bag.

Definitely in the 2 water bottle holder camp. I don't often have the need for 2 bottles of water, but I do like to carry water + a cup of coffee for morning rounds. And on some rare occasions, a good ol' oat soda. Plus, an empty bottle holder can be just a handy pocket to toss things on the go. Hydration bladders look good on paper, but they really make more sense in a situation where the pack is staying put on your back, i.e. backpacking, running, motorcycling, etc. The on/off nature of dg makes a bladder more trouble than its worth.

Latest posts