• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Packed up and ready for Thursday casual leugues! Soooo many pockets and plenty enough space for everything I need. I've got 17 in the main compartment and 4 Aviars in the top putter pocket. Next move will be to acquire 1 or 2 Willie Gear Beer Tubes that are 3 cans tall, one for each side does sound nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 223
nice bag, and thanks for the pic fix :)
I also roll with 4 Aviars (3 aviars and a nova), how is the fit up top?

nice bag, and thanks for the pic fix :)
I also roll with 4 Aviars (3 aviars and a nova), how is the fit up top?

So there's a pocket inside the the putter pocket to tuck the flap in and then the divider. The aviars fit really nicely, the back two are slightly more snug do to the tucked in pocket but they still go in and come out easily. Also, when you do want to close them in, the pocket flap is made to extend over the top of them which is a great feature. Pic attached

More details please.

My buddy does custom sewing and he made beer tube coolers. I think Burton makes them also but they are hideous and not as stout. He uses garage door insulation and wraps in cordura with an end-to-end zipper. For my Mahal, he just made a side pocket insert out of the insulation that slid right into the Mahal side pocket and that works great. These pockets just aren't meant for that and with the height of the main side pockets I figure a 3 beer stack will be perfect. For my ski backpack he made a 4 beer tall tube, which fits perfectly also because he made the ski pack.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 194
I have to admit, it's a pretty solid looking bag. My initial impression wasn't that great when it was first announced, but I think I'm going to recant my feelings.

Packed up and ready for Thursday casual leugues! Soooo many pockets and plenty enough space for everything I need. I've got 17 in the main compartment and 4 Aviars in the top putter pocket. Next move will be to acquire 1 or 2 Willie Gear Beer Tubes that are 3 cans tall, one for each side does sound nice.

Do the discs on the very ends of the main compartment come in and out easily when the main compartment is full? I've seen a number of bags lately where those discs don't come out easily and it drives me NUTS.

Do the discs on the very ends of the main compartment come in and out easily when the main compartment is full? I've seen a number of bags lately where those discs don't come out easily and it drives me NUTS.

With 17 its pretty comfortable, if I took even 1 driver out they would go in & out really easily. I could probably fit 19 and make it uncomfortably tight. So really, it depends on how many you think you need in that pocket. To give an idea of molds fitting in there, of my 17, 2 Classic Rocs, 1 Zone, 3 Rancho Rocs, 1 leo, 3 eagles, 1 Thunderbird, 2 FBs, 4 destros. If I weren't breaking in some new discs in I'd probably only have 15 and at that point its like butter. But if you felt your set-up was a little tight, you could go to either side pocket to redistribute.

Last edited:
Sorry for the kinda longish review

My first impressions and thoughts on, Ib disc golf and the Octothrope...

My first experience with lb disc golf was actually even before I received my Octothrope, it was with Levi (designer and owner of lb disc golf) and I must say it was exceptional. I had received a call and a few emails about the shipping problem, after getting off work (had a long week and was grumpy haha) I was quite disappointed and upset about the situation. So I emailed back and looking back on it, I was definitely a little rude and grumpy in the email, somehow that did not phase Levi one bit. He was extremely nice and understanding, he treated me like I was his only and most important customer (when we all know I am not and a lot of people would pay the big money for this bag). That left a huge impression on me and was so glad I decided to fork out the money for a quality product and an outstanding new company. Levi seems like an awesome guy!

So, that brings us to today, getting the Octothrope in the mail. I have to say the very first thing I noticed about it was even before I opened the package.... The package was so light, I thought maybe Levi was pulling a prank on me, no way could that sweet looking bag be in there. Sure enough it was. This bag is very light and even when I had it loaded up with about 25 discs it felt light and great.
The next thing I noticed and might be most excited about is the rainfly. This rainfly is awesome, it fits the bag like a glove and it has magnets for the opening slots, so no clipping, snapping or etc... This rainfly might even make playing in the rain enjoyable. Levi really should have pointed this out more, I think it is a top feature on the bag.

Then, I noticed how thick the straps actually were. In the video of it I couldn't tell how thick and padded the straps and back were, so I was a little worried about it. After receiving the Octothrope, no worries need to be had. Those things feel great and ride nice. Very thick and ////padded and quality.

Other thoughts, the pockets are great. Plenty of room and lots you could store and fit in them. In front of the drink holder is a circle pocket, it can hold some drinks ( I fit a 20oz gatorade, a 32oz gatorade, and my 20oz blender bottle in it) if you are not into the hydration sleeve. The frame work of the bag is very nice, it is flexible but at the same time very sturdy. With the hydration pocket, you may be able to store somethings in there like towels, etc... I have not messed around with that yet. If you don't use hydration bladders, I am sure you could find a use for the pocket.

Overall, This bag has many great and some unique features. Levi obviously put much thought and the highest quality materials into this bag, it appears he took no shortcuts. This bag is probably the highest quality on the market right now. I am glad I splurged on this bag, it will last me a very long time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 257
Nice review. I can't wait to get mine tomorrow. I have a tournament on Saturday, so it will arrive just in time to put it through it's paces.

damn this bag looks great. i don't get to play much anymore so its out of my needs as of today. but you can clearly see the love and detail and thought put into this bag. congrats to all the current and future owners I'm jelly!

Played my first round with it at Diaomnd X last night. Main impression - Very comfortable. After that its all the little things from pocket placement to the nice feel of the top handle/hang loop. And I did have need for the rain fly which killed it. Super easy to put on with the elastic and still leaves access to all discs and all top pockets. I didn't try but I'm guessing you could get at the bottom side pockets from the main disc access flap. And, as mentined above, the magnet system on the fly is brilliant.

I can only compare to the Mahal which I'm not sure would be considered a similar sized bag, but it feels lighter empty and rides lighter when loaded.

Great bag!

I haven't taken the bag out yet, but it looks and feels great.

The only problem that I have it with is that the bottom sags. I wished the bottom was reinforced with fiberglass or ABS plastic, with that said, I'm going to order some ABS to reinforce it before I take it out on the course.

I got the blue and I can't say enough about how nice it looks. The blue is a beautiful navy blue. The pictures on the website doesn't do it justice. It's one of those things that you just have to see to appreciate. At first, I was hesitant about the blue because it looks kind of teal on the video and the website, but it's actually really nice. No regrets on the color choice for me.

I went ahead and took some pictures next to my DD Ranger to give you guys a size comparison. Enjoy.

Attachments

• sm_DSC00951.jpg
    sm_DSC00951.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 272
  • sm_DSC00955.jpg
    sm_DSC00955.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 12.14.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 12.14.42 PM.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 248
That is a really good looking bag. If my Mahal weren't going to last the rest of my whole life, I'd be thinking about this one.

Used my bag for a tournament yesterday and I'm in love....so are a few other people lol. This is a great bag. I can't believe how it rides on my back. The Ranger and the Grip Mini feel so rigid in comparison agains my back. I was showing off the rain fly and people kept commenting..."this is brilliant, why don't other bag mfgs do this..." Holds plenty of discs, no problem getting them in and out. Even kept a few backups in the outer pockets. Plenty of storage, I had it loaded down with towels, sunglasses case, bug spray, sunscreen, leather man, minis, etc. Really the only complaint I have right now is the zippers are a little hard to pull. Other than that this is a really solid bag.

Latest posts