• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Basket

dpangburn

i just got a Halex-In Step one for about 100 dollars for christmas, easy set up and works very well- not bad for 100 dollars

i just got a Halex-In Step one for about 100 dollars for christmas, easy set up and works very well- not bad for 100 dollars

For $20 at Lowe's , you can add a second set of chains, and it will catch even better. Less spit outs.

Basket3.jpg

Basket2.jpg

Basket1.jpg

Don't do it.

My instep catches better than anything at the course, it will not make you a better putter.

Yeah, definitely worth the extra $20

I have an instep that I added an inner chain between every outer chain, and I have never putted on a basket that catches better. But BnC is right it will not make you a better putter.:(

We have an InStep set up in our backyard and they will help your putting. They help it in the sense that if you use it and practice often your putting will improve. However they are fairly wide compared to most and grabby. When you putt at a course you still needa putt for center. The InStep will pull in wide putts where as most baskets won't. After having ours for awhile now, I'm with most and think there isn't much need for inner chains on the InStep.

I did something similar to my M14 DGA basket. Added seven chains to bring it near to the level of the baskets I normally play at, effectively creating an M21.

It's still three chains short of the Mach IIIs and DISCatchers, but it simulates them well. I see no point in playing with equipment that is a whole set of chains short of what I will play on. I was blowing through on half the throws, so I added the extra set and now I have the same amount as on the course. Only one or two for every dozen or so throws.

There's a point where less chains is just upping the difficulty artificially.

There's a point where less chains is just upping the difficulty artificially.

This is what was going through my head as I was reading this thread. If you regularly play on baskets that have an inner set of chains, I say put em on there and practice what you play on.

I use the Innova Skill Shot without the extra set of chains. My discs don't slip through the chains very often, most often they hit and pancake onto the chains and slide down into the basket so I didn't add the second set.

It's all about putting with confidence. The mental aspect is probably the most detrimental thing to putting. So, why not put extra chains on, the spit outs will lead to a lack of confidence and, inevitably, hurt your game.

It's all about putting with confidence. The mental aspect is probably the most detrimental thing to putting. So, why not put extra chains on, the spit outs will lead to a lack of confidence and, inevitably, hurt your game.

This, or will just be annoying and lead to you not using the basket as much... which will hurt your game just as much.

there is no way he is going to add the second set of chains.

I got one of these for Xmas, is there a thread showing what to buy to install the inner chains and the right way to put them in.

I got a chainmaster (full weight ching practice basket) Love it. I was really missing having my own basket.