• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

There is literally nowhere on Mammoth Mtn to put a course that doesn't conflict with the mountain bike trails.

Sounds like you've done your homework. Of course, disc golf and mountain biking aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Hard to believe that with the size of mammoth, there's absolutely no room to throw in an 18.

That's essentially the idea at china peak. Ride the lift up, play downhill pretty much the entire 27 holes. Ross tells me that are a few holes between 700-1000 ft that by all means should play as par 3s!

I do love the chance to take shots like that, it's just so cool to see a disc fly for that long and that far.

I was mostly joking in my post about mammoth, but I was envisioning playing down the mountain for 9 holes, then riding another lift up to a different part of the mountain and playing down again, somewhere like mammoth with a ton of land and a ton of different lifts seemed like you could have some fun with using them as "walks" between holes. :)

I do love the chance to take shots like that, it's just so cool to see a disc fly for that long and that far.

I was mostly joking in my post about mammoth, but I was envisioning playing down the mountain for 9 holes, then riding another lift up to a different part of the mountain and playing down again, somewhere like mammoth with a ton of land and a ton of different lifts seemed like you could have some fun with using them as "walks" between holes. :)

That would be way cool. Especially if the lift were a gondola.

We were going to put in a course at Sledz shortly after I moved here. Snapper Pierson came up and designed it. The forest service shot it down right when we were about to break ground. That's about the time that I put in the object course.

any chance you can put in baskets for the object course?

I stopped maintaining the object course a few years ago and don't even play it anymore. If the current caretakers, whoever they are, want to give it a try, I certainly won't object.

I've heard rumors of a course going in brea and a new one in long beach? Any information? I love my course but want to get out to new ones and never have time for a drive that's and hour away or more.

Thinking of checking out the course in Malibu this Friday and another unlisted course in the Ventura area. Anyone else play Malibu? Not sure what to expect. Help?

As for China Peak I'm thinking of hitting it on July 27th if its up and running. I might try to play a few new courses for me that weekend. Might play a few courses up that way on Friday and then try to hit china peak when it opens Saturday.

If anyone else in SoCal is interested maybe we can plan a road trip.

The city of Ventura gave the green light for a new course.

Curious to know how to get a course in Camarillo for Mission Oaks Park and the ravine area! Dont know how to propose it but it would be an amazing area.

Looks like I'll be able to make the trip up to China Peak if it's open on July 3rd, fingers crossed that everything's good to go by then. :thmbup:

Looks like I'll be able to make the trip up to China Peak if it's open on July 3rd, fingers crossed that everything's good to go by then. :thmbup:

I'll update this thread as I learn more.

Thinking of checking out the course in Malibu this Friday and another unlisted course in the Ventura area. Anyone else play Malibu? Not sure what to expect. Help?

As for China Peak I'm thinking of hitting it on July 27th if its up and running. I might try to play a few new courses for me that weekend. Might play a few courses up that way on Friday and then try to hit china peak when it opens Saturday.

On Friday, we need to play Malibu, and both of those two unlisted courses

I've heard rumors of a course going in brea and a new one in long beach? Any information? I love my course but want to get out to new ones and never have time for a drive that's and hour away or more.

Long beach?? Maybe right off Carson by LBCC?? There is defenitly enough space there

On Friday, we need to play Malibu, and both of those two unlisted courses

If you guys want some company, Ashleigh and I were thinking about doing some disc golfing tomorrow. Lion, would you want to carpool and share gas money? I'll send you a PM too.

White level par for china peak ~ 98... :popcorn:

Latest posts