• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in Hassan Minnesota?

This from June 10, 2011: at http://erstarnews.com/2011/06/10/hassan-township%E2%80%99s-new-park-plans-challenged/

"Hassan Township's new park plans challenged

A decision to develop a new park in Hassan Township's southwest corner developed sudden speed bumps at the June 6 town board meeting when resident Jodi O'Brien began asking question as to the proposed park's amenities.

Town planner and administrator Bill Craig said the 33-acre park will have a proposed nine-hole frisbee golf course, a volleyball court with sand pit and a half court for basketball.

The park will also have a picnic pavilion with charcoal grills.

O'Brien questioned why the town would put a frisbee golf course in the new park since all but a couple of the children living in those three subdivisions were elementary aged.

Rather than a frisbee golf course, she asked about a simple level grassy area with a backstop so kids could play games of pick-up softball and kickball, games more closely related to the ages of kids who live nearby."

It's alive! I played it today, and added it.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4953

Since you just played it, can I assume it is going to be in the ground during the winter? While it is not perfect, it is relatively on my way home from where I teach in Mille Lacs to Maple Grove. With Elm Creek closed, my options have been narrowed to Elk River, Nowthen, and Princeton. A nice, easy course on those days I might actually beat sundown could be exactly what I am looking for.

From http://erstarnews.com/2011/11/17/hassan-park-meadows-frisbee-golf-completed/

"Hassan Park Meadows Frisbee golf completed

Hassan Meadows Park, which is located approximately a quarter mile north of 109th Avenue North (County 117) on Bechtold Road, reached completion this week with the installation of the Frisbee golf course designed by Tim Mackey.
The park features a hiking/biking trail, a basketball half-court, a sand volleyball court, a children's ballfield, and a small picnic pavilion in addition to the Frisbee golf course. The park was developed this year, using funds collected from subdivision developers.
Three such subdivisions are nearby. Three houses are currently under construction in those subdivisions.
Although it will take a hardy individual to play the Frisbee golf course this winter, it will be playable BYOF (bring your own Frisbee). The course is expected to be much more inviting next year, when the mowed "fairways" will clearly show the way to successive holes.
The whole area is mowed at present; the dry fall weather has kept much of the grass down. Frisbee golf is viewed as a safe activity to perform under the Xcel Energy high line that runs across the park property.
At least 143 other Frisbee courses are known to be in Minnesota, although none is known to be in an adjacent community."

Awesome. We have early release on Wednesday and my students should be gone by noon. I should be able to leave in time to sneak in an hour or two of daylight. I might have to check it out. It is suppose to be warm enough after Saturday where if any snow falls it should be gone by then.

Latest posts