• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in Mt. Airy, NC?

I think I read about the tourney somewhere else and it mentioned it was going to be on a temp course. Are you sure this Mt. Airy High course is not temporary? If not, I'll be eager to play it.

I'm not sure. I'll ask. I think it may have been up for a while now. She said the kids at school who play said it was better than Westwood Park. Not a high bar to clear, but interesting. If it's temporary I may go play it soon. That link says December 2nd for tournament and the flyer says Dec 10.

I think I read about the tourney somewhere else and it mentioned it was going to be on a temp course. Are you sure this Mt. Airy High course is not temporary? If not, I'll be eager to play it.

I thought the temp course was on a vinyard up there

I think this HS course is permanent

The course is permanent. I played it Saturday. Pretty much what you'd expect from a nine-holer around athletic fields at a high school. They did incorporate the trees and shrubbery along the right side on 4,5,6 IIRC. Perfect for a lefty BH or a RHFH like me. The baskets aren't numbered but it was pretty easy to figure out the layout after we found the first tee. Enter the parking lot from Orchard Street between the school and the water treatment plant. Go down the hill and to the right. The first tee is near the lower building right by the parking lot.

The distances varied from 120' to 606' with a couple others above 300'. It is pretty much flat with a few obstacles. If you are traveling on Hwy 52 through Mt. Airy it isn't too far off the road if you want to increase your course count. It is definitely not a destination course, but I was in Mt. Airy anyway when I played.