• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc Golf Monthly Video, The 09 Vibram Open @ Maple Hill

Jesse B 707 said:
ChrisWoj said:
Jesse B 707 said:
hey it's 990 guy!
hey its... some nobody!

Seriously - If you guys even had read any of that thread on the PDGA you'd know it was all a joke to stir up shit. Entirely. The PDGA Forums get.. stale as fuck. If you had actually read anything (you know, reading, that thing that informed people do) you'd have seen the link to my argument a month before that arguing the exact opposite.[/b] I could probably dig it up if you don't believe, its on the motorcitychaingang.com forums.

-Chris.

ahhhh just as douchey as i remember too.
so what you are saying is that you made up that whole rant to troll the PDGA boards and then argued it to death like it was your own opinion?? WOW that makes you a super cool guy then and also a real somebody. GTFO

There've been many things said of the high road, unfortunately you've never heard any of those sayings. You've proven nothing except that you do nothing but get an interweb tough guy hard-on every time you see my name. Silly little faceless goof, go cry somewhere else.

ChrisWoj said:
Jesse B 707 said:
ChrisWoj said:
Jesse B 707 said:
hey it's 990 guy!
hey its... some nobody!

Seriously - If you guys even had read any of that thread on the PDGA you'd know it was all a joke to stir up shit. Entirely. The PDGA Forums get.. stale as fuck. If you had actually read anything (you know, reading, that thing that informed people do) you'd have seen the link to my argument a month before that arguing the exact opposite.[/b] I could probably dig it up if you don't believe, its on the motorcitychaingang.com forums.

-Chris.

so what you are saying is that you made up that whole rant to troll the PDGA boards and then argued it to death like it was your own opinion?? WOW that makes you a super cool guy then and also a real somebody. GTFO

There've been many things said of the high road, unfortunately you've never heard any of those sayings. You've proven nothing except that you do nothing but get an interweb tough guy hard-on every time you see my name. Silly little faceless goof, go cry somewhere else.

you realize all i said originally was "hey its 990 guy" not "hey it's 990 guy....what a faggot" the only other time you came and posted here was when the fallout from your troll thread leaked onto DGR, so naturally that is what you are known for here. maybe you should just take the high road back to the PDGA boards

Jesse B 707 said:
ChrisWoj said:
Jesse B 707 said:
ChrisWoj said:
Jesse B 707 said:
hey it's 990 guy!
hey its... some nobody!

-Chris.

you realize all i said originally was "hey its 990 guy" not "hey it's 990 guy....what a faggot" the only other time you came and posted here was when the fallout from your troll thread leaked onto DGR, so naturally that is what you are known for here. maybe you should just take the high road back to the PDGA boards

There was clearly nothing "positive" about your intonation. It was fairly clear you were attempting to be snide. I responded in kind. I came here this month with no ulterior motive or thought other than to provide positive insight, you decided to make a comment that had absolutely nothing to do with anything in a negative manner. Frankly, I didn't appreciate it. I'm not going to go "back" anywhere because, really, I just love talking about disc. But if someone tries to be a fool, I'm not going to respond with any positive or joyful emotion.

I respectfully disagree unless they are going by the USDGC rules.

If someone foot faults and misses the put I'm not going to call it. I mean you call things when you feel an unfair advantage was gained and if the putt is missed that advantage didn't help enough.

scoot_er said:

If someone foot faults and misses the put I'm not going to call it. I mean you call things when you feel an unfair advantage was gained and if the putt is missed that advantage didn't help enough.

I don't think you get to see the result before you decide if you're calling them on breaking the rule.

I do believe that if you break the rule, there should be a penalty -- and putting again isn't a real penalty from 20'. I'd say something like any foot fault within the 30' circle you take a stroke, regardless, the first foot fault outside 30', you are allowed to re-putt without the penalty, but take one after that.

I don't believe that you only call something if you feel they were trying to get an unfair advantage. Let's face it, at what point do your feelings come into play? Either they broke the rule or they didn't. You either call it or you don't. Was his foot fault intentional? I don't think so, I wouldn't have called it, but perhaps he was doing it a lot over the weekend and somebody decided to say something. Perhaps it was a player trying to put him off his game. Dunno. But there are lots of rules you could break on a disc golf course that I might consider them gaining an advantage that you might not. Thus, it's not a subjective choice. It's black and white - they do or don't adhere to the rules.

black udder said:
scoot_er said:

I don't think you get to see the result before you decide if you're calling them on breaking the rule.

I do believe that if you break the rule, there should be a penalty -- and putting again isn't a real penalty from 20'. I'd say something like any foot fault within the 30' circle you take a stroke, regardless, the first foot fault outside 30', you are allowed to re-putt without the penalty, but take one after that.

I don't believe that you only call something if you feel they were trying to get an unfair advantage. Let's face it, at what point do your feelings come into play? Either they broke the rule or they didn't. You either call it or you don't. Was his foot fault intentional? I don't think so, I wouldn't have called it, but perhaps he was doing it a lot over the weekend and somebody decided to say something. Perhaps it was a player trying to put him off his game. Dunno. But there are lots of rules you could break on a disc golf course that I might consider them gaining an advantage that you might not. Thus, it's not a subjective choice. It's black and white - they do or don't adhere to the rules.

Yeah but I wouldn't call it just because of what happened in this case. McCoy thought it was in so he called it but the disc didn't stay in.

If I call a foot fault on someone I am only going to do it if they won't benefit from the call. Should a foot fault on a 20fter to win because it felt bad at the release in hopes of making the 2nd? This is the reason USDGC changed the rules because Brinster gained a 2 shot advantage in one of these situations.

If it were Black and White a lot of strokes would be saved on players calling themselves on bad shots.

Steady 26542 said:
I believe you have three seconds to call the foot fault after a putt is thrown.

Chuck?

Think its two.

Normally you can tell if the shot has a chance or not. Only had one foot fault called on me and it was total BS from Steve Mills.

scoot_er said:
black udder said:
scoot_er said:

Yeah but I wouldn't call it just because of what happened in this case. McCoy thought it was in so he called it but the disc didn't stay in.

If I call a foot fault on someone I am only going to do it if they won't benefit from the call. Should a foot fault on a 20fter to win because it felt bad at the release in hopes of making the 2nd? This is the reason USDGC changed the rules because Brinster gained a 2 shot advantage in one of these situations.

If it were Black and White a lot of strokes would be saved on players calling themselves on bad shots.

I think what we agree on is that you should not benefit from a foot fault (or rule infraction). If it's unclear how to apply the rule in order to punish the player, then the rule needs to change.

McCoy should be making the call because of a fault and Nikko should not benefit.

It doesn't help that often in disc golf is you're made to feel bad for calling a rule infraction during play.

scoot_er said:
Steady 26542 said:
I believe you have three seconds to call the foot fault after a putt is thrown.

Chuck?

Think its two.

Normally you can tell if the shot has a chance or not. Only had one foot fault called on me and it was total BS from Steve Mills.
803.04F A stance violation must be clearly called within three seconds after the infraction to be valid. The call may be made by any member of the group or an official. When the call is made by a member of the group, it must subsequently be confirmed by another member of the group.

scoot_er said:
black udder said:
scoot_er said:

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread - how did they alter the rules for the USDGC?

Latest posts