• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc Golf Monthly Video, The 09 Vibram Open @ Maple Hill

Here it is follks, the Vibram Open at Maple Hill a National Tour event.

DGM 66

Thanks for watching and enjoy!

Kevin McGorry
Executive Producer and Director
Disc Golf Monthly
"the show that takes you one step closer to the sport of Disc Golf"

great coverage, but for future reference, cut down on the replays. don't get me wrong, i'm thankful for the vids, but the replays were a bit much sometime.

cubby was calling for replays on a lot of shots that didn't need to be seen again.

Great video!

I really enjoyed the coverage! Man, Henry Childress was having one tough round... poor guy.

Did anyone happen to catch who called Nikko on the putting violation? Weird thing is, he missed that putt and then made the repeat. :shock:

I noticed that as well I actually rewinded the thing to try and catch why I couldnt tell that he faulted. Seems kind of odd call to miss a putt then call a foot fault. I'm dont know what the exact rule is but it makes me wonder how he was able to pull that off.

Steady 26542 said:
Did anyone happen to catch who called Nikko on the putting violation? Weird thing is, he missed that putt and then made the repeat. :shock:

I think it was Schultz. I should know my rules better, but it seems there should be some penalty to go with that. I guess there would have been if he would have made the first and missed the second...

colombo117 said:
Why was it a fault? Is it because one foot was ahead of the foot behind the lie?

Looked like his right foot was closer to the basket than his supporting point (left foot), or it could be that he was touching his mini. It sounded like McCoy made the call.

Nikko did not have a supporting point behind his marker. His toes were to the left of his marker, his heel behind the marker. When he went into his putting motion his heel came up as his supporting point would now be his toes/balls of his feet which were off to the left and not directly behind his marker.

Barry made the call and Mccoy seconded if i remember correctly.

Great video, but i do agree too many replays.

While on the subject of vibram open. This was my first NT ever going to watch. The hospitality That Steve and his whole family show is amazing. Steve really is the way of the future in disc golf. HE brought disc golf to the mainstream in new england as far as the PDGA is concerned. I spent 2 days at Maple Hill. And they are easily the highlight of my year. Drinking with friends, playing pyramids (cool course) Random draw dubs, Meeting Grandma, Watching the long drive contest, Big Jerm getting the crowd wound up. Amazing weekend weather wise. Deff. worth the travel for people you must go and play or at the least watch. LOL I slept all of 45 mins friday into saturday cause i was so excited i left at like 330 am and got to the course at 7am in time to caddy for a friend and hang the rest of the day with everyone.

beatz said:
Nikko did not have a supporting point behind his marker. His toes were to the left of his marker, his heel behind the marker. When he went into his putting motion his heel came up as his supporting point would now be his toes/balls of his feet which were off to the left and not directly behind his marker.

Barry made the call and Mccoy seconded if i remember correctly.

Good call, I watched it again and it's pretty clear.

Jerry R said:
Steady 26542 said:

I think it was Schultz. I should know my rules better, but it seems there should be some penalty to go with that. I guess there would have been if he would have made the first and missed the second...
The call is: first infraction, warning and forced reputt. The call seemed to be made while it was in the air, not after it chained out. With every following infraction it is a stroke penalty plus a forced reputt.

-Chris.