• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 MVP Open at Maple Hill Sept 11-13

Yeah I remember way way back in the day on the old pdga forum Dave D saying that plastic can absorb moisture over time and it's not uncommon for discs to pick up a gram or two in weight.

I can see scaling discs for approval at something like the Japan Open, where there were weight guidelines in place for safety. Personally I get the idea, but with wider rimmed drivers with a sharper edge a sub 160 destroyer is still gonna hurt if you get hit by one.

I guess I'm torn on it...yeah discs used in sanctioned competition should fall within approved guidelines, but nobody seems to be concerned with it. Why have guidelines if they're not being used?

This is why there should be some acceptable variance allowed to overweight discs. I like the 3 gram allowance. This lets the manufacturer to stay within the set limit that is given by the PDGA while allowing plastic to do what it sometimes does in post-production: absorbing moisture thus making it heavier, etc.

Latest posts