• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 MVP Open at Maple Hill Sept 11-13

Incorrect scoring happened early, first round, first few holes. When I was watching the vid; I was thinking, that's not right...

And adding to my post. . why did only Hokom give Paige that spot?
Cat decided to putt out as the camera was faceing Paige and Hokom deciding Paiges spot...just odd

What round and which hole did this happen on?
Please and thank you!

On the PDGA page for this event, Gurthie's official score for all three rounds is: 166 (tied for 5th with Dickerson @ $1350 each).
If not for that 2 stroke scoring penalty, GG would've been at 164, and tied for 3rd with Heimberg ...who received $1700.

His tournament total would have been 165. He wrote down 53 which was corrected to 52, then the 2 throw penalty was added for a total of 54.

Here's another option. even easier, imho. On electronic scoring, anyone can just look at them yourself -- any time. You can open up your own phone on live scoring and see the mistake right then and there -- if you want to.

And that's what concerns me.

For the tournament staff to catch GG's scoring error the 2 must have been on the scorecard, and either GG added wrong, or GG took UDisc's total (which had a 3 on hole 2).

But the bigger picture is that the pros seem to be checking live scoring on the later holes and adjusting their play accordingly. They're probably not checking the early holes.

Imagine if there was a UDisc scoring error for Hokom or Pierce on the last round. Pierce would certainly have played more aggressively if UDisc erroneously showed Hokom 2 back rather than 3 back after 17.

In watching the post production, I noticed there was also staff with a leaderboard accompanying the group. So, in fact, there were three different scores being kept. We're getting a little data rich (and potentially confusing).

Of course it is the player's responsibility to turn in an accurate scorecard, but it would help if the various scorekeepers would check with each other every three holes or so.

I should have said "if not for the scoring error" rather than "if not for the scoring penalty".

As ToddL said, the 2 strokes are added to the correct score, not to the reported score.
He actually shot two strokes better than his 166.

R2 Hole 9

Paiges throw at 32:40 and then they talk abut the spot at 34:00
If you have DGN and can see the live, it was a much longer thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR_jONAyPFU

Do you think Paige got a bad spot? I am thinking so. I really feel like the disc cut across the corner and went OB again before the tree on the baskets right if you were facing it from where Paige threw. The point is really moot now seeing as she went on the win. This happening may have motivated her to play better. Kind of like when Michael Jordan would get pissed and just go off on the opponent and put up 40+ and win the game.

Looks like a reasonable spot to me. Going frame by frame at 32:45 shows her disc a matter of inches from the OB line at the point she played from. The camera was a split second too late to definitively see the disc on the inside of the line, but you can see the rope bouncing/waving as her disc rolls away (though this could possibly be due to her disc hitting a stick and the stick moving the rope).

DKyKnvL.jpg

Dunno if anybody noticed on the skins match they kept talking about Ricky's overweight halo destroyer.

It appears he's using the same disc during tournament rounds?

Dunno if anybody noticed on the skins match they kept talking about Ricky's overweight halo destroyer.

It appears he's using the same disc during tournament rounds?

real disc golf players dont concern themselves with stuff that interests dgcr.

you always have the option of getting on a lead card with him and calling him on it.

Real disc golfers I know are, in the great majority, very honest and ethical people. And I do think they care a great deal about rules, as this is their income/livelihood, at least at the professional level.

And I do think they care a great deal about rules, as this is their income/livelihood, at least at the professional level.

I don't know..sure they're good people... but at the end of the day, due to no officials on cards , yada..yada.. they all bend the rules. But based on my 100+ am tournaments vs watching 100s of pro tournaments, I'd say the ams care much more about rules than the pros do.

I could personally care less about what he's throwing, but the skins match was filmed before the tournament began. They're joking about it being an illegal disc pretty openly...and all the guys in the video were behind him by quite a bit going into the lead round.

To your point, yeah anybody could've called him on it. Nobody did. Nobody wants to be the buzzkill, but if the guy is taking money out of your pocket potentially and not being very discreet about it, it just doesn't look good.

I'm sure it's not the first illegal disc that's made it into a tournament, and I'm sure most pros don't scale their plastic to make sure everything is within guidelines, but the combination of things just doesn't put him in a favorable light.

you always have the option of getting on a lead card with him and calling him on it.

I been seeing weight stickers on alot of the pros discs recently during tourney play. Is that still illegal?

Latest posts