• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc Golf Videos

and no your marker dosnt go in front of the disc it replaces it , so if you want those extra inches use a marker .

and i dont know how u guys play there but that wont fly here even if its just serious casual round unless your a unknowing noob otherwise your gonna be classified as a cheat
sorry thats not correct your marker does go in front touching the disc on the same line of play , think im gonna start using a marker more.

i guess u never play with open or advanced players , and it might be petty iyo but its a rule none the less and if you think it cool try doing that in a pdga event see how long it takes for someone to call you on it .

and if its not going to help you whats the point of doing it ?

i do play open...im not saying i dont use a mini, bc i do...im just saying im not gonna care much if someone else does or doesnt...as far as a sanctioned tournament goes, im still not gonna care, but SOMEONE WILL call you on it

I use whatever is easiest in casual rounds

I use a marker in doubles or any tournament

it just makes it a little faster when its just me and some friends playing, and as stated before its not gunna make that big of a difference either way so back to the videos, what do you guys think about the awards?

Re:

FYI from the PDGA

803.03 Marking the Lie:

A. After each throw, the thrown disc must be left where it came to rest until the lie is established by the placing of a marker. This can be done by placing a mini marker disc on the playing surface between the hole and the disc, directly in line with the hole, on the line of play, touching the thrown disc. A player may instead choose, without touching or repositioning the thrown disc, to use the thrown disc as the marker. The marker may not be moved until the throw is released. A marker inadvertently moved prior to the throw shall be returned to its correct location.