• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New disc golfer in Oregon

Thrival Time

Bogey Member
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are other disc golfers in Oregon that are on these forums. I live in McMinnville now, and might move to the Portland area depending on where I find a job.

I have been playing off and on for a little over a year, started at Pier Park while in college, than Wortman Park after moving back to McMinnville. Also played Champoeg, North Eco, Weinerberg (sp?), Ewing, Hoover, and Dallas City Park.

Looking for people to play with, and other courses to try (some may have to wait until I get a new job...).

Welcome to the site from the other side of the continent!

I was staring at your location for a couple minutes before I noticed your Bulldog G in the pic. Was wondering. What the hell is he trying to say there. But now it makes total sense. :doh:

And welcome to the sight fellow Oregonian!

Thanks guys, I will have to try the new courses and NW Disc Golf News. I will be sure to let you guys know when I will be in your respective areas.

I signed up to do the Ace Race at Dallas City Park a few weeks ago, but I hope to do the one at Horning next year. Also, the MVDSA Disc Golf Challange in a few weeks. It's C tier if any of you guys play in PDGA. http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/M_V_D_S_A_Disc_Golf_Challenge_2013

Looking forward to meeting more disc golfers in the area.

I will be at Dallas City Park for the Ace Race on Saturday and the tournament at Wortmon Park on Sunday. If anyone is on DGCR, feel free to say hi.

-John Puntenney-

Where do you play often bud? We should throw a round sometime! I don't know if I've ever thrown with another DGCR member other than JEverett.

I've been back home all summer so I haven't been in Eugene. I'm from Medford. I'm typically at Alton baker during the week. Deter or cottage grove on the weekends.

My 2 tournaments this past weekend

Was in two tournaments this past weekend (yes during the typhoon). Almost hit the pole a few times at the Dallas City Park Ace Race, and had a good time. Also bought a used Ibex from someone (my first Vibram) for $5.

The MVDSA Disc Golf Challenge had a smaller turnout because of the typhoon, but the challenge was interesting. I had some newbie scores, but still got my best round from a tournament, so I'm happy.

Also, is anyone going to the Zombie Bash?

Hear that the zombie bash will include everyone getting two discs (from Dynamic Discs). How good is Dynamic Discs? Have not tried them yet, supposedly one is a Judge (what type of disc is that?).

Did you run into my buddy TD at Wortman? You can't miss him: 50s and always decked out in Duck's gear for a tourney. One of the nicest, friendliest people I've ever known.