• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Discs

I'm sold on Marshall Street. They have the best discriptions!

"STAR FL...
This is a silly disc. Why would you make an understable version of the Firebird, when the Firebird is all about overstability? I mean, How can you have any pudding when you won't eat your meat?"

Okay so maybe that's not what I was trying to say. Here's an analogy. Let's say you look for a girlfriend on BigBeautifulWomen.com, and you find a luscious buxom lass, and then you make it your mission in life to help her lose weight. That would be kinda stoopid, no? Like the FL. Stoopid. More stoopid than this stoopid description, which I hope no one reads. The FL is like writing a description that you hope no one reads."

Unless you are bargain hunting I would make the trip and support a local shop. As long as they promote and support the growth of the sport and fit your selection needs. If not I'm sure you can find an online retailer with all these options. I personally shop at Dynamic Discs because they are friendly, helpful, and do a lot to support the sport.

the shops around me blow, the pias had 5 predators, no lat 64, no mvp, very little discraft and $20 star plastic. They can not compare with the availability and prices on the internet. However, if I lived close to DD I would most certainly shop there.

the shops around me blow, the pias had 5 predators, no lat 64, no mvp, very little discraft and $20 star plastic. They can not compare with the availability and prices on the internet. However, if I lived close to DD I would most certainly shop there.

yeah not much you can do when you don't have local options. I'm just fortunate that it's DD headquarters in my little midwest town. If not for them I would have to buy DX Innova discs from Walmart or the limited colors, weights, and brands from a music store that sells discs here. They burn so much incense that all the discs smell like hippies.

Is a 45 minute drive for decent selection an inconvenience? I guess I'm too used to driving around the metroplex for DG now days.

Thanks for all the advice I'll make the drive to the store next weekend and pick up everything I can get there. I like the store Levon Wolfe owns it and he keeps a great selection and helps a lot with disc golf in Huntsville, he even designed the newest course in town. Its been a lot harder to get the time to drive there since me and my wife had our baby.

Like others have said I prefer to hold the disc in my hand first. When I go on a disc golf road trip, I try to hit up a store or two. There are however no stores close to me. The closest one is 1 hr away, and it is hit or miss on selection and their hours of operation. I have bought discs from Wal Mart, there is one within a hours drive from me that has a decent selection. I have also bought a couple from Dicks, Sports Authority, and Academy Sports. Selection is usually limited in the big box stores however. Dynamic Discs was great the one and only time I stopped there in Nov 2011. I tried to hit up Disc golf world in KC on that same trip but they were closed when I got there. I have also been to DiscsUnlimited as well. Great selection and very helpful as well. If I have to go the online route, which I have twice now, I go for Clearwater Discs. I'm sure all online sites are useful but everyone will have their personal preference. Go local if you can, and if not use the advice the others have listed.
Good luck in your quest for new plastic.

Latest posts