• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new driver

You guys want some privacy to make out? :gross: The post count is the only credentials around here. No one cares if you can actually carry out the advice you're giving. Why would you give advice that you suck at? It's a bunch of buddies supporting each other and their tips to make their circle greater. Get real, fellas.

Yeah, we're all about circle jerking each other's pride for recognition. Great rationalization to them standing up for each other. Yet, in the same breath you're stroking your ego by berating them. Seriously, "fella." Who says that? If post count is the only credentials for good advice. Why are you posting, but at the same time I call bull****. You're just not the best example of this situation.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're all about circle jerking each other's pride for recognition. Great rationalization to them standing up for each other. Yet, in the same breath you're stroking your ego by berating them. Seriously, "fella." Who says that? If post count is the only credentials for good advice. Why are you posting, but at the same time I call bull****. You're just not the best example of this situation.

What am I the best example of? And, yes, I do say fella. My ego needs stroked? Trifusal is the one who is refusing to believe there is anyway to disc golf besides what he does and beating off to the Beto video religiously. I'm sure he'd be on his knees if he ever had a face to face encounter with him.

Why do you think your opinion on the matter is better than everyone else's? Step off your high horse.

Who's on a high horse, and refusing to admit that the other people are right??

You guys want some privacy to make out? :gross: The post count is the only credentials around here. No one cares if you can actually carry out the advice you're giving. Why would you give advice that you suck at? It's a bunch of buddies supporting each other and their tips to make their circle greater. Get real, fellas.

And this is the whole of your argument. Step away from the computer for a while and see if you can't come up with something worth arguing about.

Or you could just go do the right pec drills and learn to throw.

Who's on a high horse, and refusing to admit that the other people are right??

Walkin' in at halftime, I see?

And this is the whole of your argument.
Huh?
Step away from the computer for a while and see if you can't come up with something worth arguing about.
I'm arguing that you don't need to follow the "masterBeto" way of DG to be any good. Which we all know isn't true, some just want their way or the highway.

Or you could just go do the right pec drills and learn to throw.
I don't know ANYTHING about you, but I'd play you for 20 bucks sometime.

I didn't use the Beto video at all to develop my game (gasp). I, for sure, suck. Bunch of noobs saying their way is the only right way, haha.

I didn't use the Beto video at all to develop my game (gasp). I, for sure, suck. Bunch of noobs saying their way is the only right way, haha.

I never said I was better than you. I've never played you or seen you play. But if all you can do when Trifusal and Josh present good arguments is start calling them names and saying they don't know what they are talking about, then you've lost the argument. So I didn't walk in at halftime (I've been reading the whole thread, actually), I walked in at the end. You lost.

I never said I was better than you. I've never played you or seen you play. But if all you can do when Trifusal and Josh present good arguments is start calling them names and saying they don't know what they are talking about, then you've lost the argument. So I didn't walk in at halftime (I've been reading the whole thread, actually), I walked in at the end. You lost.

You're just as big of an idiot as they are. I never said the Beto way isn't going to help you. THEY'RE REFUSING TO THINK ANY OTHER WAY IS ACCEPTABLE. I really don't understand why they just won't admit that it isn't the only way, probably because they haven't even been playing a year.

Here's how it's gone:

"You don't need to use this video to be any good, there are other ways."

"This is why the video is good, here is why it's so good. The only thing I'm going to argue is that this video is good. I'll never say any other forms or practice will work."

repeat.

Some dude even said it hasn't been around long enough to be tested well enough. 7-8 years to develop into a good player. You're an 1/8 of the way there, Trifusal. :thmbup:

You're just as big of an idiot as they are. I never said the Beto way isn't going to help you. THEY'RE REFUSING TO THINK ANY OTHER WAY IS ACCEPTABLE. I really don't understand why they just won't admit that it isn't the only way, probably because they haven't even been playing a year.
So what's the other method that's incompatible with the hammer pound drills and building your throw from the hit back that's even easier? People like to say that what we're saying isn't the only way, but I haven't seen anyone give an easier method that excludes the methods we're suggesting.

So what's the other method that's incompatible with the hammer pound drills and building your throw from the hit back that's even easier? People like to say that what we're saying isn't the only way, but I haven't seen anyone give an easier method that excludes the methods we're suggesting.

Easier? that's all relative to the person. Like I said, people have different backgrounds in sports, what's comfortable etc etc. What's easy or easier for one person may not be the same for another. Someone may benefit from practicing the "hit" some people may benefit more from doing a whole throw for warm ups. Kind of like saying there's only one way for a pitcher to warm up and practice.

Do you ever go to any of the Ames leagues?

THEY'RE REFUSING TO THINK ANY OTHER WAY IS ACCEPTABLE. I really don't understand why they just won't admit that it isn't the only way, probably because they haven't even been playing a year.

Here's how it's gone:

"You don't need to use this video to be any good, there are other ways."

"This is why the video is good, here is why it's so good. The only thing I'm going to argue is that this video is good. I'll never say any other forms or practice will work."

Just like professional pitchers throw a ball with different mechanics, so do disc golfers throw with different forms. That doesn't mean the same principles that makes a curveball break or a fast ball appear to rise don't need to be incorporated into every pitchers' stuff, regardless of their larger mechanics.

The entire backbone of the Blake/Beto philosophy is that everyone is different, and everyone will have a different looking throw. If you bothered to read any of the literature behind the video you would know that.

There is so much hyperbole in your summary of the argument that it looks like you don't really understand what the argument is...or that there really isn't one. We all know people learn differently. You haven't provided an alternative method other than trial and error yet, and I can tell you that the Blake/Beto method is much better than that for most people.

Just like professional pitchers throw a ball with different mechanics, so do disc golfers throw with different forms. That doesn't mean the same principles that makes a curveball break or a fast ball appear to rise don't need to be incorporated into every pitchers' stuff, regardless of their larger mechanics.

Beat you to that one.

The entire backbone of the Blake/Beto philosophy is that everyone is different, and everyone will have a different looking throw. If you bothered to read any of the literature behind the video you would know that.

Developed my throw before I ever saw that video. Didn't throw like that when I first saw it, so why would I read up on it? Who'd a thunk some grainy youtube video would have a manual as well?

There is so much hyperbole in your summary of the argument that it looks like you don't really understand what the argument is...or that there really isn't one. We all know people learn differently. You haven't provided an alternative method other than trial and error yet, and I can tell you that the Blake/Beto method is much better than that for most people.

I understand what the argument is, very well. Just because I didn't take ten minutes to summarize the entire argument better, doesn't mean I don't. Some people are saying that it's a good way to practice, some are saying it's the only way to practice. I'm against the people who say it's the only way. Not saying any particular way is the best, that'd be ironic wouldn't it?

I'm not taking sides or anything, but.....

I didn't hear about these Beto or Blake guys until I came to this forum. I haven't really used any of the techniques until a couple recently. I figured a lot of it out on my own. What I didn't figure out on my own, I got from local pros including Uli and Ginnelly. I have posted a couple videos of myself, offered some of mine own advice at time, and asked for advice from the forum. I was never told that my way was wrong, that I had to use a certain method, or that it was Beto's way or the highway.

Just from my experience, most people here have been very helpful and encouraging.......with the exception of a select few. I honestly think the two arguments here are pretty compatible. I think it is just the way people talk about it, is what gets some folks riled up. I can understand it.

Latest posts