• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Equipment Forum Layout

Discs Forum: Keep the manufacturer sub-forums?

• Yes

Votes: 108 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 67 38.3%

• Total voters
Missed the vote, but I'm on the fence about the changes. Haven't really be on enough to form an opinion one way or another. The one thing I notice is now when I'm flying down the list, every post looks like an MP post.

I'm sure in time I won't even notice it anymore.

Missed the vote, but I'm on the fence about the changes. Haven't really be on enough to form an opinion one way or another. The one thing I notice is now when I'm flying down the list, every post looks like an MP post.

I'm sure in time I won't even notice it anymore.

You can turn off the Icons and make them just TEXT. So instead of a big Innova rectangular box that looks like the MP you can have it just say [Innova] in text just like <-- that.

Maybe there is a way for Tim to make the EQ tags turning to Text not effect the MP tags? So the MP would still have the big box icon tags.

Maybe there is a way for Tim to make the EQ tags turning to Text not effect the MP tags? So the MP would still have the big box icon tags.

I feel like only turning them off for a certain forum would be kind of silly.

Tim, could you move the "Equipment - Old" forum into the "Equipment" section?

Those threads are slowly being sorted and moved. Eventually that forum will be deleted.

But its funny to see the most recent post a couple of months old.

Those threads are slowly being sorted and moved. Eventually that forum will be deleted.

in the MP i like them because i am looking for certain tags if im buying or trading. in the EQ forum i turned them off because i am browsing every thread and the tags arent as important.

was just an idea. it works for me either way. can turn it on if im shopping and off when browsing.

Would it be possible to hide them in the list then? You can still use them for sorting. The banners just wouldn't show. This goes back to a previous post I made about skipping those threads in the list with banners because they've always denoted MP threads. I know it seems like a silly argument, but they really are a nuisance. Changing everything to text has certainly helped though.

Would it be possible to hide them in the list then? You can still use them for sorting. The banners just wouldn't show. This goes back to a previous post I made about skipping those threads in the list with banners because they've always denoted MP threads. I know it seems like a silly argument, but they really are a nuisance. Changing everything to text has certainly helped though.

The text option is as far as I'm willing to go. You can change it to text, modify your "New Posts" link to not show forums you don't want and you're good to go.

Slowly is the word. After working on that for a bit, I've decided we needed a tag called "bitching." :rolleyes: We could tag a lot faster if we had that. :p

There probably does need to be another tag like "Discuss" or something.

Slowly is the word. After working on that for a bit, I've decided we needed a tag called "bitching." :rolleyes: We could tag a lot faster if we had that. :p

Waynes-World-Were-not-Worthy.gif

There probably does need to be another tag like "Discuss" or something.

3ojayg.jpg

By the way, Thanks!

The equipment section is an outright cluster.

It is a classic case of "more isn't necessarily better" imo
Over time you will see whether people want to click through nine layers of horse **** to find what was previously viewable under a single index.

The search function was all the sorting power anyone would ever need to sort the threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
And seriously, who needs color tv and phones without wires??

*shakes fist*

Last edited:
For people that don't read other posts in this thread, please see #78 if you don't like graphical tags.

For people that don't read other posts in this thread, please see #78 if you don't like graphical tags.

Because laziness knows no boundaries... :)

Just added this, it will turn off all graphical thread tags, you will only see text (except for the latest threads on the forum list). If your follow-up is can I make a Lynx compatible style for the forum, the answer is no :)

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Graphical Thread Tags

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

TimG --- expanding on the equipment tags... maybe geographical tags for Tournament forum?

North East
Mid Atlantic
Mid West
South East
North West
South West

Then everybody can filter through the tournament threads by location.

Just a thought

The tournament tags would need to be defined as it's not obvious what states would be Northeast, etc. I feel like linking the tournament threads to their respective tournaments in the calendar would be a better idea.