• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Feature: Designer Response

Any discussion that a designer response feature might discourage criticism of a course?

Any discussion that a designer response feature might discourage criticism of a course?

why would it be any different than it is now? I dont think the ability for someone to respond to a review is going to change any reviews for the worse, it might make them stop knocking courses for trivial matters like weather of the day and bugs/mosquitos they ran into the day they played

Can we also request that certain photos be removed. Take the paper tee sign photos at Beaver Ranch, for example. Those are LONG gone.

Go to the courses media page and click, report error or abuse, tell them what the problem is. I'll go ahead and do it for Beaver Ranch.

Awesome.

A lot more fun than developing my silverlight detection script.. hate silverlight.

Awesome feature!!

Have people that keep saying "Dude, go for 18 holes!!!" but we can't due to protected wetlands and a nature preserve. Silly DNR, trying to protect wildlife and stuff....

good response. perfect example why we need this feature, thats a pathetic review

Couldn't agree more. I've sent this guys so many PM's nicely asking him to update his review, keeping him updated on all the course improvements and asking if he would like to meet up for a round. But all I'm really doing is :wall:

Couldn't agree more. I've sent this guys so many PM's nicely asking him to update his review, keeping him updated on all the course improvements and asking if he would like to meet up for a round. But all I'm really doing is :wall:

Not to threadjack, but we had a guy come to my home course and trash it (one disc) because it was too hard, and the locals wouldn't let him play through...:doh:

In this example, is there a way for the person's review to be frozen, preventing them from getting any more votes?

The reviewer's concerns were accurate at that point, but we now see the problems have been fixed, making this review outdated.

There's no sense for this person to get any more negative votes if the issue has been resolved.

Not to threadjack, but we had a guy come to my home course and trash it (one disc) because it was too hard, and the locals wouldn't let him play through...:doh:

I saw that review for Castle Hayne. It was complete garbage.

This is a great function! I think it will be a very useful addition to the site's function as a resource for voyaging players!

Which course and/or designer is going to be the first one to abuse the response function? Flip City anybody?

In this example, is there a way for the person's review to be frozen, preventing them from getting any more votes?

The reviewer's concerns were accurate at that point, but we now see the problems have been fixed, making this review outdated.

There's no sense for this person to get any more negative votes if the issue has been resolved.

In this example, the person has been contacted multiple times, including one week after the review was written to let him know it was out of date. He chooses not to update it so there's no reason he shouldn't get more negative votes for not taking action.

Latest posts