• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Grip Equipment Bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I got one. Best 3 months of a bag I have ever had...

You laugh now but just wait until I get my factory made in China bag. You will see... just wait.

There is no factual basis for this opinion, but I bet the buyers will not have the bag to their doorstep until 2011. It takes over 20 days to get a piece of paper that apparently is the production schedule we're all still waiting for an update on? I can already foresee the FB posts regarding delays due to "holiday shipping".

I rollerbladed for 15 years and this is why no company would do pre-orders for upcoming products. They promise a product by a certain date and it always comes 6 months late, sometimes never came at all.

I got a chance to get my hands on one at usdgc and I can say they are first rate. Avery's caddy and Nate Doss both told me they love the bag and they are supper comfortable. The rain fly is awsome and puts this bag in a league of it's own. I also talked to Dave at revolution and he said they have a new badass bag comming out soon.

The grip eq bag was designed as a college design project and everything seems to be very well made and thought out. I think you will have a hard time finding a better bag.

A message from GripEQ

So today's question is, if you had taken alot of peoples money for a product that you were supposed to deliver over 6 weeks ago, shouldn't you be beating the pavement trying to get your product made or at least give those people some kind of credible information other then it will be soon, or any other nonsense excuse you could come up with; instead of playing a tournament?

Hi everybody! It's Justin Atwater-Taylor from Grip Equipment. I would like to say a couple of things to the forum and to do so I will address the quote above.

I have made every effort to keep people informed about the release of our bags. Every time I received solid information I shared it with our pre-sale customers asap. Unfortunately this has been a double-edged sword. Keeping people in the loop has meant that most everybody has been understanding of the delays, but it has also been a problem when things have changed.

It is important to note that not once have I embellished or invented a "nonsense excuse." And in fact the only delay I have been truly disappointed in is the mistake by a bank agent in September that pushed us into October. :wall:

Unfortunately in business, as in life, we must sometimes rely on others to get things done and that opens us up to ineptitude hazards (fortunately we don't always have to re-throw from our previous lie with a stroke penalty as we might if Harold Duvall ran life like the USDGC). I have had meetings with the VP of our bank about the matter and they are doing quite a bit to make up for their mistake including dropping some coin to help cover the cost of expediting delivery of the pre-sold bags. But $ doesn't do much at all for the damage to the brand and the business as a result of their error pushing our release out of the season. :mad:

This is truly excruciating for me, more than anyone, since I have done EVERYTHING I can to get these bags out. And all I can do anymore is just wait, which is the hardest part. I have been working extremely hard on this design and business for four years. Tasks I can exert effort on and accomplish. But the ONLY solution for waiting is time. And time is not exactly something I can whip up in Photoshop (although a tournament can help take my mind off of it for a few days).

So I'd like to thank everyone, again, for their patience and close with a note I put up on Facebook yesterday in response to a friend's request for new information, "although I have to hold my tongue on specifics, I can share that our final production samples reached our developers [Monday], and from what I hear... It's game on!

I still need to inspect them, but within a few days we should be able to give the go-ahead to our factory and WHAM-WHAM! pre-ordered bags will be on a plane to KC in no time!

Dust off your cistern, the rains are coming!!"

not to be a jerk but have you considered doing anything for the people waiting? While I'm not on the order list just reading all of this has been harsh. Maybe a Grip EQ t-shirt or logo dyed disc that comes as a surprise in the bag. Maybe a custom tag? Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.