• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Gummier Champ Plastic?

EL-KABONG

* Ace Member *
I checked out about 25 of the newer 12x Champion Eagle X'es last week. They were all brand new with the smaller climo design and the flight #s. These were not floppy but were very gummy/grippy in all weights.

They felt fairly close to the early 11x era gummy champs (but don't look the same). Anyone seen/know anything about this plastic?

Is it just a run that came out different or an attempt to purposely make less rigid champ discs again?

Attachments

• climo12x.JPG
    climo12x.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 110
I have one of those, they are pretty grippy and a little flexy, but I wouldnt call them gummy. They stay firm in your hand which is what I like.

I have one of those, they are pretty grippy and a little flexy, but I wouldnt call them gummy.

hairat.jpg

I have alot of gummy 11x tbirds. These new eagles are very similar. I have an earlier 12x w flight #s but without the newest stamp, that is similar to what you are describing. I will try to get photos of the new ones up later

The art looks like this now:
I guess I shoulda posted the right pic to begin with...that mighta helped

Attachments

• champ eagle.JPG
    champ eagle.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 148
My bad, Triflusal...sorry
Understand as well that I checked out 25 or so and they were all very similar...but I obviously can't say the whole run is gummy

Those are all the Eagles I've seen lately - I'd guess the blend is just for weight purposes. Personally I don't like them.

I checked these out because of the new stamp at a nearby sporting goods shop. They were definitely better in terms of grip when I compared it to the other champions in the store. Better Grip + Better Stamp = Success.

I found a like new Champ Leopard, that was really grippy and flexible, more so than any champ stuff I have. The guy said it was only a couple weeks old. Maybe they've teaked the champ plastic?

I found a like new Champ Leopard, that was really grippy and flexible, more so than any champ stuff I have. The guy said it was only a couple weeks old. Maybe they've teaked the champ plastic?

I'm thinking so

I've noticed this with a few different molds, I wouldn't doubt they did it on purpose. I HATE new discs, sweeeeeeeeeet!!

A lot of the recent runs of champ that I've felt/seen have also been gummy/grippy and more opaque. I really like how they're coming out, I hope they keep it up.

Latest posts