• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new guy in northwest wisconsin

natedg1976

Double Eagle Member
hey everyone. my name is nate. I have been playing disc golf for a little over a year now. I started the sport a little later in life. but boy oh boy did the addiction set in. as of right now I am only playing casual rounds. I have been thinking about possibly entering in to some tournaments this fall, and definitely next spring. the one thing holding me back is I want to know all the rules before entering in to any tourney. any help on where I can find said rules is much appreciated.

as for where I play, I would consider Hoffman park dgc my home course. I also throw at somerset dgc, wikanda park dgc, brekke park dgc. I am really wanting to try some more courses in the menomonie/ eau Claire area as well as over in the twin cities. I have been visiting this site for a couple months and finally decided to register in the hopes of finding new places to throw and hopefully meeting some new people to throw with.

Welcome to the site!
The PDGA has a downloadable rule book. It's great that you would like to know the rules before entering a competition.
Good luck and many aces!

hey everyone. just updated my bag and was wondering if you can look at my discs and let me know where i am lacking.

Hey nate I'm in Stillwater but have a house near Willow River St Park. If you want to play sometime let me know. I would like to go to lakewood hills in white bear lake. Easy to get too. Was there this past weekend with my grandson following the lead card at the eastside showdown.

Pm me if you want.

Welcome to DGCR fellow Wisconsinite :D
If your ever in the Milwaukee area send me a PM I'm always down for a around

Welcome, Nate! I'm also Nate from Wisconsin... Enjoy the game, it's a fun ride.

I will be up in NW WI potentially the next two weekends playing a ton of DG. I am attempting to have played every course in WI by the end of 2013. I have 34 left to play and most are in the North and Northwest part of the state.

Let me know if you want to head to Superior, or Highbridge. I still have to play Axl Dog Acres in Menomonie but need to make sure Steve will be around when I do.

Yo Nate! If you ever want to come play Mont Du Lac in Superior, hit me up! White Cedar is an amazing course, and the more open Eagle's Peak is a great compliment to the woods!

Welcome to the addiction from another Wisconsonite. I'm about an hour south of you at the course in my sig, hit me up if you'd like to come down and play sometime.

Welcome! I'll show you the courses around Eau Claire if you want; can also check out my store if/when you're in EC. The Monday night league in Somerset is a lot of fun with good people too. Western WI Regional Tour is already being planned for 2014.

Welcome! I'll show you the courses around Eau Claire if you want; can also check out my store if/when you're in EC. The Monday night league in Somerset is a lot of fun with good people too. Western WI Regional Tour is already being planned for 2014.

Is that league still up and running? Who is the contact for it. I would love to do mondays.

thanks everyone for the welcome. it is much appreciated. just got some new plastic(well used but in great shape.) cant wait for the weekend to try it out. i will most likely hit river falls dgc and hopefully lakewood in white bear lake. anyone in those areas that wants to go pm me.