• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New guy slingin discs in NC

Murph XIII

Hey everybody! Psyched to be here. Been playing about 12 years and hit a plateau about 4 yrs ago, just cant seem to gain much improvement, so i decided to tap the minds of the pros! On top of that i already posted one thread in the water cooler, if youre in NC or have alot of info about central NC a little help would be appreciated. Thanks! Lets sling some discs!!!

Hey! Welcome from Greensboro, NC. If you are ever in the area, let me know. My friends and I have played/regularly play most of the courses within a 30 mile radius. Greensboro, High Point, Asheboro, Reidsville, Kernersville all have good courses.

Thats great! Thanks! I live outside of Raleigh, so im not near Greensboro often, but my friends and I venture out for a full day from time to time, so I may take you up on that.

Furthermore I have played all the courses near me, raleigh, zebulon, apex, durham, holly springs. So if you find yourself out here hit me up!

I noticed your post in the water cooler. Have you located the course directory and map? If not look at the top tool bar. There maybe more courses in your area that you aren't aware of.

Pittsboro's Rock Ridge Park is an excellent course in your area. Excepting one hole.
You've got many more choices of courses around you than you realize, I suspect. There are quite a few private courses right around raleigh. They might not be listed in the course directory here, however.

Welcome from Rockland Park. I started playing in Raleigh and Greensboro area in the late 90's.

Well,

Welcome, there are a number of courses near you. Zebulon and Wendell parks to the east nice with long hole in places. In Raleigh, Cedar Hills and Kentwood(short and fun). South in Holley Springs there is Jones Park and Middle Creek. Apex has the Nature Park, 3 in Durham, Valley Springs 22 holes, Bethesda and Cornwallace(short holes, fun to play). Chapel Hill has UNC and Dogwood off 15-501. Anderson over in Carboro. Then there is Buckhorn at the Sharon Harris Park. I like playing them all. There are a few others, some private but easy to schedule play. A few Companies have courses like RTI. There is a new park coming near Falls Lake, the land is set aside, working on the planning as I understand.

Wednesday night at this time of year we play glow doubles. Do a search for "TCP Disc Golf" and look at the remaining schedule. I can't remember where are this week. It moves to a new park every week starting at 7pm, sign-up is at around 6:30pm.

Doubles in Durham runs year round at Valley Springs, I think it is Saturday or Sunday mornings. UNC runs double in the summer on Monday if I remember correctly. Middle Creek runs the summer doubles on Wednesday. Jones is on Thursday, Kentwood is Friday in the summer. Cedar has doubles on Tuesday in the summer. Most start up around May 1st.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys! I think ive played all of the courses you all have mentioned, including the carrboro, and UNC is one of my favorites even though its about 45 mins out. Thats why my question about fortee2roc came up. Never heard of it, and it got me excited!

Either way, thanks for all the great info on courses and doubles tourneys. The glow disc runs sound fun, but wed is my busy night of the week. Hopefully i will see you guys out on the course. And if youre ever in the raleigh and wanna throw a round pm me. We'll meet up!

42 Rock if I remember correctly is a private course off HWY 42. Head out 40 east to 42 and take a left at the light. Few miles down the road. You need to contact them first. Played a few glow rounds out there during TCP Glow Doubles. Never played it during the day. Nice course on family land. Hit up the folks at TCP Disc Golf. Someone can help you contact the owner.

Hey Hey from Crown Town !!

Loads of us Charlotteans discing - you're in a great place for DG.

Welcome to DGCR :)

42 Rock if I remember correctly is a private course off HWY 42. Head out 40 east to 42 and take a left at the light. Few miles down the road. You need to contact them first. Played a few glow rounds out there during TCP Glow Doubles. Never played it during the day. Nice course on family land. Hit up the folks at TCP Disc Golf. Someone can help you contact the owner.

Ok. Thats a solid lead plastic thunder, thanks!

I started playing in NC too and you absolutely MUST check out Castle Hayne if you ever find yourself in Wilmington...my disc golf hometown. Welcome aboard!

Hit me up if you want some locals to join you at Castle Hayne. It's undergoing some changes (some holes gone, some holes added) due to the park additions, so a local might make the navigation more sensible.
I have a weird schedule, so IO might not be able to join in, but I can call a few buddies to see if they can help you have a great Castle Hayne experience.

Murph - I am in Clayton and play Zebulon and Wendell weekly. Always looking for people to play with. Let me know if you ever are heading out there. Baskets going in new course in Clayton this weekend too. David

Latest posts