• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

I feel like echostar could be a comes-and-goes type thing, just depends if they end up with enough of the right scrap.

It might also depend on how well the Trilogy Biofuzion discs sell. If those become really popular (and 4x Champ Paige Pierce is doing her part to make that happen), then Mr. Dunipace might come out with some fresh Echostar runs to directly compete with that...

It might also depend on how well the Trilogy Biofuzion discs sell. If those become really popular (and 4x Champ Paige Pierce is doing her part to make that happen), then Mr. Dunipace might come out with some fresh Echostar runs to directly compete with that...

I think Bio is probably much more popular than Echostar. I see lots of Bio for sale and being thrown, but rarely any Echo. I also think Bio is a better blend than Echostar, for what it's worth (not much I'm sure).

I would guess that bio is popular because it fills a niche, namely a slightly less stable semi-premium plastic. Innova already has driver pro and gstar to fill this nice, both of which I think are more popular than echo, but all trilogy has for this is bio/rgl/etc. Trilogy ams who want to throw defenders but don't have the arm for them throw the bios just like I throw Gstar destroyers.

^yeah I buy that. My hyzerflip Stags are all R plastic and the Giant I use for BH is as well. I think you nailed it.

I would guess that bio is popular because it fills a niche, namely a slightly less stable semi-premium plastic. Innova already has driver pro and gstar to fill this nice, both of which I think are more popular than echo, but all trilogy has for this is bio/rgl/etc. Trilogy ams who want to throw defenders but don't have the arm for them throw the bios just like I throw Gstar destroyers.

What you say is true. What I was saying, that may have slipped past, is that Mr. Dunipace may see that Bio popularity and respond with some Echostar runs. Time will tell on that...

Were flight numbers released for the Rat?

Also, first spotting of the Firestorm at AM worlds.

To me I always thought that people liked BIO plastic from trilogy because it is the closest thing to Star and ESP plastic. Their Gold Line plastic leaves a lot to be desired and just doesnt compare and cant compete with Star or ESP while their Bio discs actually feel decent and are pretty close to Star and ESP in feel. Plus they are cheap for a premium plastic.

Honestly I see Echo as a step up from Pro and better feel than GStar though I can get more power on GStar than Echo, though I haven't thrown Echo in a while. I feel like all of Trilogy's plastic is far less durable than Innova or Discraft's. GL is similar to Pro in terms of durability and OL is maybe a step up from that. I'm down to 2 (Harp and Destiny) Trilogy discs in my bag and I'm just too cheap to replace them with a Mortar and a flippy Destroyer. Westside seems to have the most durable versions though I've only thrown 4 molds (Harp, Stag, World, Destiny) and my World went through my lawn mower without chipping, though it did become way flippier. Based on what I'm seeikg in customer service in the DG industry I'm staying where I'm at. On a side note I felt a Star Manta, Star Gargolye and a Star Wombat3 in my local PIAS and they all felt really sharp for slower discs. I'd throw the Manta but the bead is weird and I'm thinking about a Roc3 cycle with a Rocx3 as the OS Roc3 and McPros for the US side.

Honestly I see Echo as a step up from Pro and better feel than GStar though I can get more power on GStar than Echo, though I haven't thrown Echo in a while. I feel like all of Trilogy's plastic is far less durable than Innova or Discraft's. GL is similar to Pro in terms of durability and OL is maybe a step up from that.

I totally agree with all of this. I only really spent much time with Echo Star Makos but I thought the plastic was pretty good feeling. I also agree on the Trilogy's plastic. I hated Gold line/ the other equivalents because I thought the feel wasn't that good and it beat in I thought faster then even GStar. Opto feels really nice but it doesn't seem for hold up as well as Champion. I really loved the BT Hard/ Zero Hard/ Classic I tried with some of the molds but the one Trilogy mold I really loved the Bard they never released over here in it. I also recently got a Classic Slammer cause I wanted to try it out as it seemed like a prefect disc. I was really disappointed by its plastic. It was way more waxy then I remember and honestly it feel like crap compared to a lot of stuff baselines that I can get from a number of other companies. I mean I like to poke fun at Trilogy because of their fan boys but I really wanted to like the Slammer and it was ruined by the plastic. I also tried out a Classic Blend Slammer same thing felt like crayons.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Update: New 2017 USDGC Champion Roc+. Those who love the Plus Mold will be pleased that they made these in "+". Limited edition.

Discmania S-Line TDx.

Clothing... they want you to pay them to advertise their name on your clothing. (My philosophy on this is the same as that of Calvin and Hobbes...)

Update: New 2017 USDGC Champion Roc+. Those who love the Plus Mold will be pleased that they made these in "+". Limited edition.

Does anyone love those? Seems all I ever read is hate for them. I honestly do not know if I have any.

I have one from 2015 that I liked a lot. A little domey, but it flys like you would expect a champ Roc to fly. The + isn't super noticeable IMO.

Does anyone love those? Seems all I ever read is hate for them. I honestly do not know if I have any.

A lot of people do hate the Plus Mold. I have a Teebird+ and a TL+ and I like them fine. It just occurs to me that Innova is going to ram the Plus Mold down our throats no matter how much the majority of people hate it. I guess they think collectors will buy anything they put out.

Still no FB3? A Champ or Star Mystere would be nice. Who else would like DX or Pro Rocx3s? I threw a Roc+ and it felt horrible in the hand and it stuck to my hand when I tried to rip on it.

Still no FB3? A Champ or Star Mystere would be nice. Who else would like DX or Pro Rocx3s? I threw a Roc+ and it felt horrible in the hand and it stuck to my hand when I tried to rip on it.

I'm waiting for the Star Mystere. Thought it might come out this month.

I've been throwing a CFR champ mystere, very flippy out of the box. Works great for long hyzer-flips or turnovers - I think of it as a faster/longer roadrunner. Very fun disc for sure - if you like understable discs.

Latest posts