• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New iPhone app

craftsman

* Ace Member *
Just got a new app at 75% off. So $.99. Says it gps tracks your throws. Anyone use it yet? Thoughts?

I tried it out, but the GPS takes forever to update so it doesn't really work that well. A lot of the courses here in St. Pete area have trees so getting a good clear view of the sky could be tough.

Couldnt you use a GPS device for that?

I guess definately not for $.99 though. lol

I don't get it... do you tape your iPhone to the disc before you throw it?

I'm with you...by tracks your throw do you mean it figures out where your disc should be or something else? And I'm not surprised that the GPS is slow...both my friends got some GPS devices for their car. Funny thing is at first they were both really fast at finding them, but after a while of owning them bam they take forever(though it is a different process for the gps being it's a phone).

a gps would be helpful at a couple of these heavily wooded courses around here that are crazy easy to get lost and lose your disc in (see hammond hill, hastings, mi) an old boy scout hiking trail turned disc golf course. If you like trees everywhere and tree tunnels then your in heaven here.

It's called disc golf gps and it's by stealthstormlava.
I was thinking of using it for the practice field. It has you label all your discs, pictures too, but that's as far as I got.

Yeah. you hit start, throw and hit stop once you've walked to where your disc landed. I have yet to actually test it out in the field.

I think this would be great for practice. You could just have a big pile of discs. Throw each one from the same starting point and then mark each landing point with it's own label. After doing this 10-12 times for each discs you'd start to have some good data and see which discs go where for you.

Latest posts