• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

Ok, so I got ahold of a P-Line. It is more like DX than Pro plastic. In fact, it has no rubber texture at all. Reminds me of the high impact plastic they use for cheap knife handles. Not very grippy, but I hope that changes with wear. Is this what I should be feeling from a Stiff P-Line plastic?

Yeah, that's exactly what you get with Stiff P-Line. It feels terrible out of the box in my opinion. I haven't seasoned one yet, but I have an MD4 I'm throwing in practice until the grip improves.

I am not a fan. A tiny piece of the wing chipped off when I hit the cage of a Mach V and a 30 ft. slide on concrete pretty much annihilated the micro bead. I don't think I will be buying any Stiff P-Line again.

I have thrown a p line md4 for 4 rounds. The grip hasn't improved, yet it already has a deep gouge.. I haven't played any abnormaly woodsy course either.
I also carry a p line md2 ( model from a couple of years ago) that I have thrashed. I deliberately beat it into understable Oblivion. After a season, no gouges in the disc.
I doubt the plastic holds up.

I can't speak for Discmania stiff p line but I putt with firmer wizards.

My experience with them is they are more prone to chipping and gouging than softer plastic, and you'll notice some nasty dings right away but in a year it's gonna look almost identical to how it looks after a month. Plastic will lose the slick texture too. Not sure if that's due to oils and sweat working into the plastic, or the surface itself wearing, or both.

To be fair the whole purpose of base line putters and mids is for them to break into what you want them to be. If you want them to be fresh forever buy premium plastic.

The visible damage affects flight very little in my experience. The plastic is slick for awhile but I've never had a problem gripping it. Concrete is a fast death for most baseline plastics, especially those with a bead of any size.

If you aren't a fan of the p-line md3 and they are max weight you will definitely be able to sell them to someone online as the demand is always higher than the supply. Those of us that throw them don't mind the rate at which they beat up. A flippy MD3 is like a worn in roc. You spend time waiting for the disc to be magical and then are heartbroken when it's over.

That said over the last year of increased production I have a whole box and my wife will kill me if I buy more discs that sit in the basement.

I can't speak for Discmania stiff p line but I putt with firmer wizards.

My experience with them is they are more prone to chipping and gouging than softer plastic, and you'll notice some nasty dings right away but in a year it's gonna look almost identical to how it looks after a month. Plastic will lose the slick texture too. Not sure if that's due to oils and sweat working into the plastic, or the surface itself wearing, or both.

To be fair the whole purpose of base line putters and mids is for them to break into what you want them to be. If you want them to be fresh forever buy premium plastic.

The visible damage affects flight very little in my experience. The plastic is slick for awhile but I've never had a problem gripping it. Concrete is a fast death for most baseline plastics, especially those with a bead of any size.

If you aren't a fan of the p-line md3 and they are max weight you will definitely be able to sell them to someone online as the demand is always higher than the supply. Those of us that throw them don't mind the rate at which they beat up. A flippy MD3 is like a worn in roc. You spend time waiting for the disc to be magical and then are heartbroken when it's over.

That said over the last year of increased production I have a whole box and my wife will kill me if I buy more discs that sit in the basement.

You both mention baseline plastic, but D-line is $7.99 on infinite discs and I payed $11.99. This is a mid line plastic not a baseline. Paying a mid line price should give me a disc that will last a couple years of twice a week use. I will continue to use the discs until it is unusable, I just expected the disc to be a little more durable.

I am guessing there is no such thing as a P-Line that isn't stiff for the MD3s.

You're right the visible damage has no flight effect. It is annoying when you grip the disc and you found the massive gouge though. Also I feel like I'm one hit away from a chunk being removed. Just doesn't seem it'll last like the other p line runs I throw

I recently got an older run c-line md2, underside stamp has the patent number and is pre-jolly launcher. This thing is identical to an md3 in look, feel, and flight. I've compared it with other old c-lines and old Fiend stamped p-line md2's, all appear identical to the md3. My newer run c-line and swirly s-line md2's have a less blunt and much more rounded top (like a shark), fly less stable, and feel deeper with a slightly thinner rim. Do you guys know what the difference is between the md3 and older md2's or if the md2 mold got retooled after the md3 came out?

I really disliked the p line md3. The grip was horrible for me and it felt like it was dead in the air.

I really disliked the p line md3. The grip was horrible for me and it felt like it was dead in the air.

Mines taking a lot longer to beat in than I expected. I'm considering a little extra work over on it. Something I never do. I need it back to where my old one was.

My eagle glow (not color) is starting to turn more and it's only a year older.

I don't have the grip problems a lot of you guys are having. But I could see it being a thing, they are slick when new.

I really like the P-line MD3. Had one last year but lost it, ironically, on a perfect throw (hit a root at DeLa and disappeared down a ravine). Couldn't find another until recently and went back to DX Rocs. Happily, I have a little stash of them now. Wouldn't mind owning more though. I hope they manage to keep them in regular production.

Did not like the C-line and never tried the G-line.

I am gonna be lazy and not read this whole thing. Nothing on the first page or DM site. Is this a beaded disc?

I snagged 3 of the recent Eagle signature color glows. I've been throwing one. Of the other two, one is juuuuust noticeably flatter. Anyone wanna take any guesses on how that flatness might affect the flight compared to the other two? The one I've thrown is just super straight. If the flatter one would be noticeably more overstable, it might be worth throwing. Otherwise I'd really like to keep it unthrown in case these things go way up in value.

Definitely a micro bead on the MD3. When I first got mine I was super disappointed because I was told headless and it felt like ****. Realized it was mostly due to a heap of flashing on the bead. Removed the flashing and it felt way better.

Latest posts