• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] New Moonshine (Kastaplast?)

Why would they change the plastic? as far as i know its still Kastaplast moulds and plastics, just made in Lat 64s factory.

The amount of times I have asked myself this same question about various companies (outside of DG companies)in the past is staggering. It all comes down to money. If Lat64 has any control over how the Kasta discs are produced, why would they continue to produce a plastic that is so much more durable than their own and reduce the repeat buyers by a significant margin just on the grounds of how long the discs last. Why not charge the same premium price, slip in some of their less durable blend and increase sales over time......it's all business. Now, if Kasta retains control over how their discs are produced, no harm no foul.

Eh. I for one would love to see Bergs in the trilogy base plastics. BT medium Bergs would be the bomb.

Well the Guld is already manufactured in the lat64 factory (weight on the bottom with similar style to trilogy). The plastic is the same K1 we all love. There is 0 sense for lat64 to change the plastic as it would destroy the brand. My guess for the reasons of this partnership is for Kastplast to get the needed manufacturing capacity to fulfill the needs of the market. Lat64 might of gotten the glow recipe or not. Will it all become a quatrology? No one knows, but I don't see it happening as DD doesn't own a part of kastaplast.

Did they mention how big of a share lat64 bought of kastaplast?

Latest posts