• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Prodigy Bag

I honestly thought it looked like a mix between Ergo2 and Prodiscus. Wonder what retail will be once they release to the public.

bottom of the bag

Anyone else see the bottom of the bag. Why would you pay top dollar for something that does not have some kind of protection on it from sitting on the ground. Wondering if the bags are not even close to what they are going to be when done.

I kind of wonder if prada is looking at this feed as research and development. if so i want to see the bags with radios :clap: still wouldn't buy it

No detailed close-up shots, but Prodigy just released "in the bag" videos with Nikko, Catrina, and Koling. Each have the bag in their videos.

Bag looks sharp to me. I throw no Prodigy discs, but I might spring for the bag if the price is good. Looks like nearly twice as much storage as the Grip bags...but no way to know for sure without first-hand contact.

No detailed close-up shots, but Prodigy just released "in the bag" videos with Nikko, Catrina, and Koling. Each have the bag in their videos.

Bag looks sharp to me. I throw no Prodigy discs, but I might spring for the bag if the price is good. Looks like nearly twice as much storage as the Grip bags...but no way to know for sure without first-hand contact.

It holds way more discs than the Grip and is easily as comfortable... which is the #1 reason to own a Grip in my opinion. I got to carry one at The Memorial and there are very nice. Prodigy took the best aspects of many different bags and put them into one. You can do that when you're not rushing to market.

Anyone else see the bottom of the bag. Why would you pay top dollar for something that does not have some kind of protection on it from sitting on the ground. Wondering if the bags are not even close to what they are going to be when done.

I kind of wonder if prada is looking at this feed as research and development. if so i want to see the bags with radios :clap: still wouldn't buy it
it's a proto bag for testing to find out what changes need to be made. this is not a final product

Let's just say I know the guy that designed the bag a made the protos.. Had a chance to see and try one on a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed.
I have a Grip which I love but there were some features on the Prodigy bag I liked more for instance: Side pockets are bigger and the shoulder straps have plastic in the inside which help maintain the curvature of the straps and always keeps them upright.

All I gotta say is Grip watch out...

I'm happy with my Grip right now, but if the price point is right when these come out...bye bye Grip!

I know it's pretty much all speculation and these are protos, but has anybody heard a potential release date? I want one of these BAD!

Thought they looked okay from the pics when they initially came out. Nothing amazing, but okay. I was at a tournament this last weekend with 6 prodigy pros and got to see them up close. Definitely liking them more now. Look to hold more than a Grip, but not be as large as a prodiscus. Might pick one up when they get to public release.

Let me clarify, I am not accusing anyone of stealing anything.

But the side pockets look like they can expand quite a bit. I think that is one of my favorite features on the mahal and I'm glad to see someone else realizing how helpful it can be.

I think this bag looks great. There is no way to know how comfortable it is without putting it on, but it looks like a great tourney bag. It definitely seems larger than a grip...pretty substantially, but I may be wrong. I would love to see more competition in the backpack market.

Seems like there are really only 2 or 3 super popular options.

Massive storage? Mahal/Prodicsus/Spinal Tap (not that massive)

Medium? Ranger/Grip

Slightly less common Ergo2/Flak/Contender/Other backpack bags I don't know

I can tell you, after carrying this bag for 6 hours 1 day and 4 the next day, the comfort of this bag is no longer in question for me. I got to really go through this bag. It is really carries nicely, the two adjustments on each strap get the bag exactly where you want it on your back. As far as storage, fuggettaboutit. It is really great. I know it has a huge capacity because the morning round was very chilly to start, but warmed up nicely halfway through the round. Two jackets were put in the side pockets with plenty room for other clothing, tons of towels or just about anything else you would need on the course. I am very much looking forward to having one of my own.

I can tell you, after carrying this bag for 6 hours 1 day and 4 the next day, the comfort of this bag is no longer in question for me. I got to really go through this bag. It is really carries nicely, the two adjustments on each strap get the bag exactly where you want it on your back. As far as storage, fuggettaboutit. It is really great. I know it has a huge capacity because the morning round was very chilly to start, but warmed up nicely halfway through the round. Two jackets were put in the side pockets with plenty room for other clothing, tons of towels or just about anything else you would need on the course. I am very much looking forward to having one of my own.

Nice.
Look out GripEQ

Had the pleasure of meeting Ragna Bygde at a tourney I played in today and had a nice conversation about pros and cons of blind holes while waiting in line for lunch between rounds. She's extremely down to earth and very natural, yet classy and graceful. The game could use more like her, would do wonders for our image.

Saw the bag in person today, and have to say: it seems pretty awesome. Has the Grip A beat for side storage and a nice, large top storage compartment that rivals the top storage in the Cabela XPS. About the same disc capacity in the main compartment storage as the Grip A. Appeared to be well constructed, good looking and quite comfortable, too.

If you're a Prodigy fan, check out her facebook page for the sweet stamp on her signature disc.

Last edited:
I am curious as to why anybody would be angry that Prodigy are coming out with a backpack style bag, even if it was a copy of another style of bag (Grip, Prodiscus, whatever) they should still be able to produce enough of them to make a dent in the entire market.
This is awesome news for all disc golfers because it means more competition. More competition equals several things: 1, Better products come out of it in the end, 2 The products that are available need to be sold at a lower cost.

If you love Grip EQ and want to buy a new bag from them in the next few years but do not want to pay more than $300 (That is the direction their prices are travelling) you ought to be thanking Prodigy for this offering.
Personally I am waiting for the re-release of the Spinal Tap.

Last edited:
FWIW - I think the bag was proabably based on the Grip, but wouldn't say it's a copy. It has enough unique features and improvements to distinguish it from the Grip, like the large storage compartment up top (where Grip has the quiver), front mounted putter pocket, and internal storage pouches on either side of the main compartment, up above the discs. I thin Ragna had 18 in the main compartment, with many of them being mids or putters. It struck me as a Grip with improved storage. Pretty sure you can even fit discs in the zippered side compartments.

Last edited:
Anybody heard any updates on this? I've been checking in the Paige's page and haven't found anything there or on the Prodigy site. Anybody got the inside track on this?

Also interested even though I'll be getting a grip. Looks like the perfect amount of storage