• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] New Product from Small Axe

Yes, this is product is definately good for those who don't climb and/ or people that already have chalk at their disposal. If I didn't climb, I would probably have tried the product. I do hope it is a success.

I have recently been trying out Chucker's Chalk by Small Axe with excellent results.

In warmer weather, I often have issues with sweaty fingers. I usually resort to quickly wiping my fingers on dirt/sand from the ground to help wipe away the sweat. This generally helps, but can make my hands too dry and detracting from grip. It's always difficult for me to find a balance of not too sweaty or dry of a grip.

With that said, I was really excited to try out this Chucker's Chalk. After immediate success, I simply cannot say anything better about this stuff! The performance is really outstanding in improving your grip.

The chalk rubs in very smoothly, and immediately provides a nice soft, yet tacky feel when rubbing my fingers together. The feel is not sticky of any sort; mostly a tacky and grippy feeling between my fingers and the disc. I am also happy that the tacky feeling lasts quite a while after application. I would say that this would only need to be applied once or twice during a round, depending on weather/conditions. I am very satisfied with the added gripping confidence the chalk provides and am highly recommending this to anyone looking to boost their disc golf grip.

The Puck mini set from Small Axe has also been a blast to try out. These minis demonstrate a new form of originality with their unmatched locking feature. The minis snap together and pull apart very intuitively. When snapped together, they form a snug fit without any fear of accidentally falling or pulling apart. If you have a need for a reliable storage mini set, the Puck is without a doubt a great offering. They also can be thrown with confidence, excelling in windy conditions. They provide a hefty weight and over-stability which makes them great for headwind drives. Paired with a Nano, these cover a wide range of mini driving and approaching lines.

I wanted to chime in and give a big thumbs up to Small Axe for Chucker's Chalk. I am not one to generally remember to do anything but grab my disc and throw it into the shule, but I ordered a powder keg to try out for S&Gs because DiscNation was offering free shipping all May. When I remembered to reach for it on my trip around the Charlotte area, I was immensely impressed with Chucker's Chalk. I was able to get a solid grip on my MD2 which is a little slick for being in that usually grippy pearly(ish) C-Line despite generally being a sweaty mess when temps get into the 70s. While I'm generally OCD about wiping my discs clean before rebagging them because water and dust kill my grip, I stopped cleaning them off because I wasn't getting any slip while throwing them.

I really am happy to continue using this chalk, but, like many have said on here, I would love a different type of dispenser. I had a little trouble with getting it everywhere and would love to be able to dip my fingers into a bag/give a chalkball a squeeze to keep it a little more confined, but that's something easily rectified on my end as well.

If you're on the fence about ordering some of this, go for it. You'll be glad you did after the first use. :thmbup:

Latest posts