• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New series starting, sierra/tahoe series

cjskier

Double Eagle Member
I haven't seen this come up here yet, a new tournament series is starting this year. It is the sierra series for northern nevada, and lake tahoe area. It will be a 7 event series. This series is hosted be the RDGA. For more info visit the rdga site or the sierra series FB page. This is a pdga sanctioned series.

I for one am stoked not to be stuck playing the norcal series this year. Hope to see some of you out there.

Events:
April 7th- Reno, nv
May 5th- Dayton, nv
June 2nd-3rd- turtle rock- markleeville, ca
August 11th-12th- bijou- southlake tahoe, ca
September 1st-2nd- sierra college- truckee, ca
September 22nd-23rd- zephyr cove, nv
~FINALS~ October 13th-14th- tahoe vista, ca

I like having a summer series, especially in Tahoe. Luckily I have other tourneys to play for the first two events. Thanks for the info Casey.

Hope there dates arent on the same dates as the Norcal series.. i would like to come up and play a few of this new series

Why does Russ feel burned ?
Is it because it got NT status but was scheduled when everybody was playing in Europe ?

Why does Russ feel burned ?
Is it because it got NT status but was scheduled when everybody was playing in Europe ?

He was supposed to get a cash purse of I believe 10k from the pdga for the event being a NT event. This was to help bring in the big name players. But the money never came, and neither big the big names.

But this is just what I've heard...

Sounds familiar, last year the PDGA said they would give us some money to help us improve our local courses in preparation for hosting the 2011 Pro Worlds and never came through with a single dollar, to this day we feel they scammed us.

He was supposed to get a cash purse of I believe 10k from the pdga for the event being a NT event. This was to help bring in the big name players. But the money never came, and neither big the big names.

But this is just what I've heard...

Now why would he get 10k to add to the purse. I believe no other NT event
gets anything, that would be 90k a year i just dont see it so why would KOL be any different.

You say big names didnt show up but from what I was told Anthon went and left before the tournament started.

Last edited:
next in series

I'll be moving baskets at Turtle Rock into tournament positions this week if anyone wants to play before June 2nd, 3rd. We will probably use 2 of our new 6 positions (finished 2 weeks ago), in the tournament. Creek started running Monday 5/13 and looks like it might keep going for tournament?

Hows the creek looking this week? I'm so stoked for this weekend. Great golf and camping at a great course. To bad I have to make that drive around ugly lake tahoe twice though...

Latest posts