• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Server

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Just moved the site to a new server this morning and also moved it to https. This should allow the mobile site to get your location more accurately on your phones with all the security type stuff it does too.

New version of vbulletin too... no idea what's new, probably nothing noticeable :)

Thanks for the new changes. I can now click on videos that are posted and watch them. Also, I can see member info in the top right corner. Whatever you changed made the site more compatible with my Windows phone.

Glad to hear it! It should be quite a bit faster too.

Looks like the "All New Posts" filter works a little different. Once you've read the new post in a thread, that thread does not show up at all in the list if you click it again. Before, it would show up, but not bolded. Not sure I like the new way..... Old dog and all that....

I always use the "All New Posts" button to see what's happening, since it's conveniently located right on the tool bar.

Hmm, All New Posts never showed older posts like that. Today's Posts does and if you're not logged in, that's on the tool bar rather than the new posts one. Today's Posts is right under Quick Links.

Hmm, All New Posts never showed older posts like that. Today's Posts does and if you're not logged in, that's on the tool bar rather than the new posts one. Today's Posts is right under Quick Links.

It wasn't older posts, it was just the ones I had read. For example, you do the "All New Posts" right now and "The mythical Innova ROC" thread is at the top. If I go into that thread and read the most recent posts (I usually just go to the last page and catch up), then click the "All New Posts" again, that thread is not in the list at all. In the past, it would still be in the list, but would show that I had read all the posts (i.e. not bold).

Seems the old way of marking forums read has been deprecated in this new version. Once you click a thread it'll be officially "read'. There isn't a way to go back to how it was.

One advantage of this way is if you click "New Posts" and don't read everything, stuff you haven't read will still be shown as unread hours later, the next day, etc. where as before everything would be marked read after a couple of hours or so.

There's also a thing that if a thread doesn't get any new posts in 14 days (after you've read it the first time but don't click again), it'll be marked as read for you after that time period.

On the subject of Quick Links, the Mark Forums Read is right under Today's Posts. How do you feel about moving it down one place and moving Open Contacts Popup up in it's place? Many times while using an ipad mini I have inadvertently clicked Mark Forums Read instead of Today's Posts. I'm betting many others have done this as well.

On the subject of Quick Links, the Mark Forums Read is right under Today's Posts. How do you feel about moving it down one place and moving Open Contacts Popup up in it's place? Many times while using an ipad mini I have inadvertently clicked Mark Forums Read instead of Today's Posts. I'm betting many others have done this as well.
Are you referring to the mobile site?

Looks like the "All New Posts" filter works a little different. Once you've read the new post in a thread, that thread does not show up at all in the list if you click it again. Before, it would show up, but not bolded. Not sure I like the new way..... Old dog and all that....

Yeah its pretty annoying actually. As a premium member im just using the "spy" feature but damn. Its a littlr weird to post in a thread and then hit all new posts and your posts are missing.

There isn't much I can do about it unfortunately. This method is more reliable in terms of unread threads between devices. The old method was cookie based so threads that you read on your pc would show up as unread on your phone, etc. unless you religiously clicked "Mark Read" after checking new posts.

I think "Today's Posts" is sort of close to what was there before. Unread threads will be bumped to the top and all that.

Yeah its actually better just will take time to get the feel.

Basically just use todays new posts like it was new/all.

I'm liking the not new, but still unread threads. Sometimes I would do a google search that ended up leading me here and I'd forget to open it incognito and lose all the new posts if I didn't read everything right then.

Latest posts