• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Shoe Suggestions

That should narrow it down nicely for him. :clap:
481V2
7b62e0c64cc494c667d1a83637778b63.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Adding a waterproof spray will add a lot of life to your waterproof shoes, IMO. Scotchgard and Kiwi are a couple brands that I've used with success.

Trying to make dg shoes last more than 1 year is tough, IMO.

The worst dg shoe I've had were Salomons. They are so light-weight that they break down faster, IMO. I do like light-weight shoes though. I don't get as tired wearing them. I've been wearing Terrex and Moabs lately.

Best trail shoes I have found are Oboz.
Having said that, I quit wearing trail shoes to play dg in. I am now playing in casual flats. Flat bottoms give much better weight transfer.

I cannot find any trail runners, that are flat, in any store. I did find an Aussie company that makes them....but I really dont want to pay international shipping on a pair of shoes that may not fit.

Inov-8 have a super low ramp angle if that is what you are talking about. These for instance have a 4mm drop. That's nothing. I'm surprised more disc golfers aren't wearing these,
given the name:
x-talon-225-red-blk-gry-side_22.jpg

Inov-8 have a super low ramp angle if that is what you are talking about. These for instance have a 4mm drop. That's nothing. I'm surprised more disc golfers aren't wearing these,
given the name:

Thats better, but those still look like they have a round bottom. Maybe it is an optical illusion without feet in it. I am looking for this with hiking tread.

Whom carries those? I would love to try on a pair.

Attachments

• 1518568599155771083856.jpg
    1518568599155771083856.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 44
Thats better, but those still look like they have a round bottom. Maybe it is an optical illusion without feet in it. I am looking for this with hiking tread.

Whom carries those? I would love to try on a pair.

Oh, so you're not talking about heel drop, but flat across the bottom from left to right, like a skate shoe or Chucks? I went from playing in Chucks to Adidas Response Trails. I don't know if I'm suffering from a loss of weight transfer, but I've never lost my footing since the switch.

given the name:
[/

I feel like those cleated soles wouldn't feel right. I have given some consideration to this style of shoe though.

Last edited:
Oh, so you're not talking about heel drop, but flat across the bottom from left to right, like a skate shoe or Chucks? I went from playing in Chucks to Adidas Response Trails. I don't know if I'm suffering from a loss of weight transfer, but I've never lost my footing since the switch.

Here is what I want, but without spikes....maybe I just need to remove the spikes and try these ball golf shoes...but they are so freaking hot

Attachments

• 1518572006657397943075.jpg
    1518572006657397943075.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 44
I wear Merrell chameleon prime stretchs. I have a lot of problems with foot pain and these are the only shoes that don't hurt my feet. I need a shoehorn to get them on, but they fit like a sock, snug but not tight and very supportive. They're light and durable enough to last over a year of daily playing. I has a waterproof version also.

merrell chameleon stretch.jpg

I wear Merrell chameleon prime stretchs. I have a lot of problems with foot pain and these are the only shoes that don't hurt my feet. I need a shoehorn to get them on, but they fit like a sock, snug but not tight and very supportive. They're light and durable enough to last over a year of daily playing. I has a waterproof version also.

View attachment 64113

I tried to try those on. Even with help from the shoe store clerk, my turkey feet wouldnt go in. They look very nice, I wish they made wider toe box in those

If you want zero drop, go with Alta's ;) Low drop, there's a lot. I like Solomons, they last me well enough.. but I don't expect any shoes to last a year, and Adidas (in the US) are too narrow for my feet.

Merrils fall apart on me, as do Keens.. and the Oboz I had, gave me a hellishly painful foot. Hrm, maybe Vans.

Last edited:
481V2
7b62e0c64cc494c667d1a83637778b63.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ran a Tough Mudder event in an old pair of these. Grip is crazy good! Watched many people with expensive trail running shoes sliding all over the place. These were my disc golf Go-To shoes for about 4 years. Would have to buy another pair about every year, but they were cheap, so I didnt mind. I use the adiadas goretex now. Have had em about a year and no issues so far.

If you want zero drop, go with Alta's ;) Low drop, there's a lot. I like Solomons, they last me well enough.. but I don't expect any shoes to last a year, and Adidas (in the US) are too narrow for my feet.

Merrils fall apart on me, as do Keens.. and the Oboz I had, gave me a hellishly painful foot. Hrm, maybe Vans.

The zero drops have a round bottom. That messes with stability. Thats worse than a heel.

Should you really be planted on your heel?

Its not about being planted, its about transferring the weight from toe to heel to toe. Rounded soles can cause the knee to hyper extend. This can be true for running as well if ones weight is not far enough forward when the heel strikes.

Its not about being planted, its about transferring the weight from toe to heel to toe. Rounded soles can cause the knee to hyper extend. This can be true for running as well if ones weight is not far enough forward when the heel strikes.

Ahhhhh.. yea ok. I never hit my heels. I'm a midfoot striker. This changes perception drastically :D

I feel like those cleated soles wouldn't feel right. I have given some consideration to this style of shoe though.

The previous version of Response Trails had Continental soles with some serious lugs on them. If there is any added resistance to my heel pivot, I can't feel it.

I just ordered some brand new Terrex shoes today. I play about 5 times a week and my last pair has lasted for over a year. They are starting to get holes in them and one area that holds the laces down came off on the right shoe. Still has good grip and traction, just needed a new pair now that tournaments are starting up again. I would recommend the Terrex shoes to anyone.

The previous version of Response Trails had Continental soles with some serious lugs on them. If there is any added resistance to my heel pivot, I can't feel it.

Right on i may give these a try if I'm able to break myself from keen now, I've been wearing the mad I and I do if there could be a better shoe as far a support, comfort go for me.

I just ordered some brand new Terrex shoes today. I play about 5 times a week and my last pair has lasted for over a year. They are starting to get holes in them and one area that holds the laces down came off on the right shoe. Still has good grip and traction, just needed a new pair now that tournaments are starting up again. I would recommend the Terrex shoes to anyone.

Yeah the lace loops on mine starting ripping off a few months into wearing them.

Again, my original non waterproof Terrex Swifts have been great. The ones with the Gore-Tex material fell apart quickly and seem to be cheaply made.

I've contacted Adidas Customer Support regarding the issue. I'll let you all know what they say in response.