• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

my name is ian, and i shot the deputy...

had a guy at work try to get me involved 5 years ago, but he could ruin a wet dream the way he talked and i wanted nothing to do with the sport. in june two of my friends basically trapped me into going to a course in traverse city mi. assholes, my bank account hates them. also, the computer im typing on right now doesn't have most of the keys working, so bear with the shitty punctuation/ caps. this site is a godsend, ive been through every forehand post, and am driving those two friends nuts.

Hello everybody,

I am Alan, in Chicagoland, been playing 7 years. This is the first year that I actually have become educated, buying my first bag, putter, practice baskets, misprint deal, and trying to actually learn how to throw properly. I think I do all right with the strong arming method RHBH and some sloppy RHFH, maxing out around 300', especially for how unathletic I am in general.

Basically, I saw a thread about boiling discs, including measuring the PLH height and dome height, and was completely blown away, had to join. I'll try to contribute as much as I siphon; though most of you are light years ahead.

Oh, and this is what gay bear means to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLTWTKpP7g0

:D

Hello fellow DG lovers. I'm Miguel, from southwest MI, I'm a musician, and bartender and absolutely love disc golf. Been playing off and on for 15+ years and got totally hooked 2 years ago. I'm not a long thrower, but I have a hell of a mid range and putting game. I've seen a lot of great stuff from this forum so I thought it was time to join up on this site. Thanks, and happy golfing!
Biz
Team Bert

Bizarbies said:
Hello fellow DG lovers. I'm Miguel, from southwest MI, I'm a musician, and bartender and absolutely love disc golf. Been playing off and on for 15+ years and got totally hooked 2 years ago. I'm not a long thrower, but I have a hell of a mid range and putting game. I've seen a lot of great stuff from this forum so I thought it was time to join up on this site. Thanks, and happy golfing!
Biz
Team Bert
Your name sounds like the punchline to the joke, "What does Snoop Dogg get his daughter for her 10th birthday?"

Otherwise welcome. :)

Whats up guys!!

Duane
Mentor OH
Starting playing this summer "righty" finished up the summer throwing "lefty" got to love it!!!!

Hey everybody, just got registered but I've been stalking for about a month now. My name's Andy, I'm located in Colorado Springs, CO and I just picked up the hopelessly addictive hobby of disc golf in August. I've been reading a lot of the information on this website, and a lot of the posts here on the board, and I'm really excited to join the community here. Happy discing guys!

Oh, hi.

I've been lurking for a year or so and thought I'd say Wzup.

I love me some disc golf and will be glad to be a course guide if you're ever on Martha's Vineyard

Hi My name is Max newman and I am new to the board and basically a new player also. I live in Everett Washigton.

I had played a few times about 15 years ago and now I have a small course close to my home and I am back in the game. I got my wife and several friends involved and hope to keep advancing my skill level as my drives rarely go more than about 150 feet right now.

Max

Howdy,
RL name is Hilman. I'm 51 years old. Friends call me Odd. I played about 5yrs ago and quit out of frustration. I had a heart attack in March. The Doc says i need some cardio. I started playing again and decided this time to go slow, work on technique and accuracy. I think part of my old problem was wanting to play way above my actual ability's. This lead to frustration. I'm enjoying being a "new" player. Thanks to Dan Beto for the technique videos.

Cheers, Odd

Hey. 2nd year disc golfer from Minneapolis MN.

This year I shot nearly every day. Now I'm going a bit stir crazy, suffering through another MN winter, so I've been browsing the internet a lot...

By the end of last year I was throwing 375' consistently. This year, though my scores improved, I didn't pick up much distance and, after playing with Beto and other local pros, I had some...concerns...about my form and consistency. I went into the off season with goals of getting in shape and learning more about disc golf.

The stickies in the technique forum have helped me build a better throw. The science-y explanations helped me understand how force is imparted on a disc when thrown and how to best do that with my body. I've been working on the feel and timing of my shot and snap in the cold cold snowy field for a month now. Been exciting. Thanks to all the contributors!

Hello everyone. My name is TJ. I'm from Muncie Indiana.
I've been playing Disc Golf for about 1.5 years and have been hooked since day 1. I am always looking for ways to get better, and this forum has been a great learning tool for me. I've been reading info in this forum for the last couple of months and trying to soak up as much info as I can and apply it to my game as best as I can. I am looking forward to learning more from you guys in the coming months :)

maxnew40 said:
Hi My name is Max newman and I am new to the board and basically a new player also. I live in Everett Washigton.

I had played a few times about 15 years ago and now I have a small course close to my home and I am back in the game. I got my wife and several friends involved and hope to keep advancing my skill level as my drives rarely go more than about 150 feet right now.

Max
Welcome, Max! Cool to hear that putting in a new course really does bring out new players. Maybe I'll see you up there some time.

-Mark

New to this board although some people may recognize me from DGCR.

My name is Phil (Philman) and I'm from Cincinnati,OH.

I like to throw and dye discs. If you need a dye hit me up via my sig.

Hi! My name is Jake. Been playing since May of this year. LOVE disc golf! I am in Utah but my favorite course I've played so far is in Murfreesboro, TN. My fav disc is still the first disc I bought. A good ol' beat up DX Spider.

Hey, I forgot to check in before my post...So, whats up I am Jay. I live around the corner from Winthrop Coliseum in Rock Hill, SC and just started playing about 3-4 months ago. Play every day at least a round of putting on the short 9 hole in town. I am a disc whore, love to have plastic I'll never throw and I fish for discs and buy-sell-trade. I work at Rock Hill Bike Shop in town. We carry innova discs and I am trying to up the sales for them this year so we can get more disc golf inventory. See you on the course! Peace~

Another noob here. Been on DGCR a while. Looking to work on technique and learn a few new tricks. Currently on the DG DL, but have started doing the hammer drills so my time off is not totally unproductive. Hope to see some of you out on the course soon.

That is why I spend time fondling plastic, and hanging out on DG sites. I feel at home with guys like you and Apoth.

Latest posts