• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

inthedrift said:
Nice! How do you like Birch Hill? I haven't played it yet but will for the first time at the Solstice tourney coming up. Are you planning on playing that? I think it's the 18th...
My guest's span both weekends unfortunately.
Birch hill has one of the best front 9s that I have played in four states. The back nine is repetitive and not at all memorable. Bring bug spray!

Whats up everybody. I use another DG forum pretty heavily and decided it was time to add another day draining DG forum to my work day! hah.. I've been playing for just over 2 years, hail from West Virginia and love XD's!

Hey all,

Finally signed up after lurking for months. Just started playing around March, 2010 and got the bug big time. Was living in Jacksonville FL and played Ed Austin (Fore Palms) Course a lot. Then moved to Columbia MD around the beginning of December. Waited for things to thaw and now I can be found at Rockburn Branch at least 2-3 afternoons a week. I also currently live right across the street from Cedar Lane Park and put in a lot of practice sessions over there. (awesome practice area) If anyone is around the area and wants to get together give me a holler. I play a lot of solo rounds, occasionally join other groupls or play with friends, but I'd be MOST interested in finding a field throwing partner who would be interested practicing form together etc.

New to the boards yes!, I live in so cal and have been play disc for close to 15 years 4 years avid.
I recently just started a face book page for Sky High disc Golf come check it out.

Cheers.

Been coming to these boards since I stared playing a little over a year ago. Can't say thank you enough to all the big contributors to this site for the wealth of DG knowledge made available. I come here almost every day, so thought it was about time I registered and said thanks.

DanH said:
Been coming to these boards since I stared playing a little over a year ago. Can't say thank you enough to all the big contributors to this site for the wealth of DG knowledge made available. I come here almost every day, so thought it was about time I registered and said thanks.

Is this the Dan I know from AK? The Pure as your favorite disc may have tipped me off. Either way, welcome to the board! As you know, there is gobs of info to make you better. I give a lot of credit to this website in assisting the elevation of my game.

Probably not, I have been playing at least a couple times during the work week at Middle Creek. I try to get out to UNC and Harris on the weekends. I should really start doing some of the weekly doubles, get out and meet folks. :oops: It's hard due to work and kids, but it is definitely a goal of mine to show up to several before the end of summer.

Kage said:
. . . moved to Columbia MD around the beginning of December. Waited for things to thaw and now I can be found at Rockburn Branch at least 2-3 afternoons a week. . .
Welcome, fellow Marylander! Did you play the Rumble? If so, you may have seen me - I was the one who hit a tree on #7. :wink:

If you have not already discovered it, Wednesday night doubles at Rockburn is a great way to meet local players. Playing times and other local info posted on MD-Discgolf.com (free registration required)

http://www.md-discgolf.com/forum/

Patapsco State Park has an epic course not far from you - have you played that yet?

Hello, my first post from Memphis. I'm new to disc golf but not new to snapping plastic. 20 years of off an on Ultimate have helped my throws but not my knees. I started playing disc golf full blast last fall and with a lot of practice and good advice here I now shoot more birdies than bogeys.

Thanks to all who have shared what they know and helped me without knowing.

How's it going guys? The names Chris and I'm from Northeast TN area. Ive played dg for about 2 years now. I just recently played Castle Hayne Course while on Vacation in Topsail, NC; but my home course has to be Warriors Path.

Frank Delicious said:
How'd you like the Castle spider?

I loved it! I'm use to alot of elevation and universal par 3 holes. But at Castle most of pars for each hole were dead on. I got the 700ft hole in 4 so I was pretty happy.

Frank Delicious said:
Getting a 4 on that the first time you play it is pretty impressive.

I couldn't have asked for a better first three throws and then I only had about a 10 ft putt.

Latest posts