• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

Aloha guys, glad to back to the mainland where disc's are actually getting thrown. I live in OR now but we got some pretty sweet courses up here, can't wait for it to warm up. Pumped to be a part of this site, seems like a fun place.

Yea, I am new, but I'm bringing some cool stuff with me! I am part of the Disc Golf Arkansas team. No, we are not a team of players, but merely the controllers of a great website, everyone, including you, should visit. So visit the site, tell us what you think, enter to win our very first giveaway, and then come back, over and over and over again! Thanks!

http://www.discgolfarkansas.com

Hello 8) Glad to be here. I'm the new guy...Trav, as what my pals baptized me of :lol: I think I'll be hanging out a lot in here, a place with a lot of cool people and yes, this is the place for me 8) Looking forward to meet ya all!

Howdy. I've been playing for about a year now here in Nor-Cal. I'm still pretty shitty, but a birdie happens on occasion. I've been trolling here for a bit, and picked up some good information. Thought I should register so I'm not just another creep lurking in the bushes (which, by reading some of these forums seems to be a full time job for some of you). I'll probably post something in the "bag suggestions" thread so you guys can laugh at what I throw.

Whomever started this forum, big-ups. This place is great.

New here, live in Florida by way of Ohio. Been playing a long time, but still not very good, just nice to get outside though. Thanks for having me, some good reading here.

Hey guys, I'm Valkyrieagle (named after the only 2 discs I've aced with).
I've been playing since I was 16 (I'm 22 now), but I didn't start going regularly until last year. I'm a lefty and prefer forehanding, but I've started backhanding this year and I'm starting to develop my technique.
I play every day (there's a course in my back yard), and when I'm not playing, I'm thinking about playing. I've become quite obsessed with the game, and I'm looking forward to taking my game to the next level and playing tournaments.
Glad to be a part of the community here, hopefully I can contribute some thought-provoking material. Happy discings people!

Hi and welcome. The disc in between of the flight characteristics of the Valk and the Eagle is Latitude 64 degrees River. People have reported that the newest ones are way flippier than the original ones from 2010 and 2011.

Hey guys I'm new here. I'm from the Twin cities MN. I've been playing on and off for a few years but have been really getting into this sport as of this year. I hope to contribute to this community in a meaningful way. I also hope to help grow the sport. I recently have started a league with some of my friends from school. Most haven't played before but all had a great time and want to pick up their own discs.

Welcome. For quickest way to learn you should visit the creator of this site at Gotta Go Gotta Throw and ask for Blake. It's kick ass that you've started a league so early in your disc golf career. Cheers!

JR said:
Welcome. For quickest way to learn you should visit the creator of this site at Gotta Go Gotta Throw and ask for Blake. It's kick ass that you've started a league so early in your disc golf career. Cheers!

Thank you. Me and my friends are really enjoying it. It's a fun sport we can all enjoy.

My name's Blake... I like beer :)
I live in San Marcos and my backyard is literally the montiel park. Just moved here and bought a set of discs.
After my first round today.. I love the sport.. look forward to playing on a daily basis :)

Hey everyone Im Ryan...I also like beer.

I just started playing at the beginning of the month, been wanting to get into it for a while now though, Came to learn up and get god advice...not to mention hang out a bit..I can be a bit of a forum junkie at time.

Can't say I'm new here but, it has been at least a year if not more since I have last posted. Not sure what all has changed around here but I see some familiar faces and a lot of new ones.
As for me, last year I moved to Boulder,CO and havent been able to play a round since, between work, and personal stuff I have just been so busy but, I cant make bs excuses for throwing!
Anyway I hope everyone has been well and Ill be talking to you guys in the future.
Cheers,
Jack

I suppose I should introduce myself.

Started playing last year in Rochester, NY. Got addicted and started looking for places to learn more about the game/equipment. Found /r/discgolf which led me to DGCR which led me here (thankfully). If anyone is in the Rochester/Buffalo area and wants to play a round, PM me!

Yo yo yo hey everybody! I'm new to the site. Been playing disc golf for about 2 years.. I live south of Dallas so my main course is lorch park in cedar hill.. . I recently lost my champion beast over at jimmy porter.. N that was my best driver by far .. N now I have a wraith and destroyer both champions, but can't seem to get eith of them to hold a straight flight path . I'll throw em way anhyzer and they come right back to the left immediatly.. It's weird cuz I threw the beast AMAZinggg.. Straight altheway to the ground at 350 feet all day. The ratings from that to the wraith n destroyer are not much they're both just faster.. I've been trying to get em ip to speed but just can't do it.. Frustrating!! Since every other of my discs are understable n any anhayzer sends em away to never fade back.. I'm 125 pounds 5 foot 7 .. Any advice on properly throwing these speed demons would be appreciated and perhaps helpful.. Thanks

"party on Wayne"

Welcome.I can't snap those really straight because i count throwing so low that they hit the ground before they fade cheating. It is shorter anyway. Another Beast does the trick. I haven't found anything better so use the Beast as my goto driver.

Hey, I'm Ben and I like discgolf (and beer for that matter). I'm originally from central VA but go to school in Ohio now. I started playing freshman year (4 years ago now) on my school's 9 hole campus, now I've played where I can and have hit 10 courses around Ohio and VA. Love the sport, can't get enough. I'd post my bag but it changes constantly I have 30ish discs that I rotate depending on the course. I'm primarily RHBH but can play FH also. I've been reading the forums for a while trying to learn as much as I can and figured it was about time I actually signed up. I mostly play Latitude and Discmania, but have some Innova and others sprinkled in for good measure. I've never played a real tournament but am entered in a Doubles tournament in Dayton at the end of August on the course where I hit my first Ace in July. Thats all I can come up with for the moment!

Alright, I'll post up. I'm Chris, and I've been lurking for a couple months now reading up on the technique section. Just started throwing this year and love it. I just started working on Blake_T's secret technique, so my game isn't looking quite as good as it was, say, a month ago. But overall I'm enjoying it, especially since it gets me outside more often!