• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

Wow, check out my join date! .. who knew?

Have I posted here before?! I already had an account. I need to quit staying up late, and playing on the internet while drinking newcastle.

Edit:

Nope ... posts: 2

Ok, signin' up for this board and I guess this is the mandatory players' meeting.

I've been competing for 10 years or so, mostly in Finland but some EuroTour events as well and EC's.
I'll probably stick to reading, but since I posted some stuff already I figured it'd be polite to introduce myself.

Oh, by the way, I know JR :)

He throws far and is a better player than i am. He's also quite knowledgeable. And doesn't throw with all the traditional DGR advice so he might have some interesting ideas, experiences and perspectives.

Frank Delicious said:
ah yes, the Nikko philosophy.
Really? I'd thought it'd been the Avery philosophy, Nikko seems to lack the build for that sort of thing.

At the Scandinavian Open Feldy commented on Nikko being leaner and Nikko said that he's worked out more. This is my speculation only but that may be a result of being sponsored by ADA Fitness and burning to be the uncontested number one in the world against such fierce competition.

I was like ewwww i've got a long way to go when i saw Nikko warm up throw on a tight hole in The Stockholm Disc Golf Open just before one round. He threw different types of discs and almost each threaded the gap to either park it or be in even my comfortable putting zone. That kind of accuracy and repeatability is an eye opener. I must work out more to lose the unplanned hip tilts and wrist rolls. I knew that before seeing Nikko do his magic but that gave me an extra boost of motivation.

jubuttib said:
Frank Delicious said:
ah yes, the Nikko philosophy.
Really? I'd thought it'd been the Avery philosophy, Nikko seems to lack the build for that sort of thing.

Somewhere, maybe in the clip of Nikko explaining his bag, he comments on saying he likes to throw full power on every drive and let the disc do the work.

Not much, tryin to gets as many rounds in as I can in the winter, yourself? btw thx for posting the YouTube vidoes for noobs!

Howdy all, Dean from Omaha of NE checking in.

Played "frolf" once or twice a year, maybe once every 2 months in high school, starting 11 years ago. Last year was my first year of having more than one disc, entering a tournament, touring the state doing tournaments (ended up 2nd overall in Int. for Nebraska) and playing close to 600 rounds of golf! You might say that I became a tad bit addicted to discs and their flights, and you would be correct :).

Anywho, I am currently A LHFH thrower for drives. On most upshots and all puts I throw RHBH. I call it selective omidextria as I am left handed but am right eye dominate. Example I will hammer with my left hand while keeping my eyes on my right hand and the nail, while I will use a power drill with my right hand, able to have a straight on view with my right hand. Since this January I have been working on getting my RHBH drives down, but the extra speed, it being my off hand and with the snow its making it a tad difficult on me...

OK ive blabbered enough.... but would like to thank all of the site contributors, early in the season last year this site and the Discraft youtube videos were my main resources when trying to learn how to become a better player. Anywho, need to get some rest, to cold to work outside tomorrow, so Im gonna go golfing :)... got to get ready for the Memorial!

Hey Everyone,
My name is Eric. I started really playing this past spring and I have played probably 5x a week since then. This winter is really taking a hit on my wallet as I am buying more plastic than I am currently throwing. But I am excited for it to warm up here in NW Ohio.

The door was open so I walked in. Northern Michigan, Started playing last June. Starting to get some form of sorts and looking for people to throw with in my general area.

Latest posts