• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Universal Disc Flight Rating System & Graphic Flight Charts

I wish that last 15 minutes or so of that DGL episode existed when I was just starting out, I would have saved a lot of money and frustration. Comprehensive yet accessible, just really well done.

400th Disc Added!

inFlight400Discs31Mfg.png

Two new discs added takes us to 400 discs in the inFlight Guide! The inFlight Guide is, by far, the most comprehensive and complete flight data resource ever compiled.

New Discs

So which two discs put us over the top? That would be the Vibram Lace and the Prodiscus SLAIDi. The Lace is Vibram's stable, ultra long distance driver. The Prodiscus SLAIDi is the Finnish disc manufacturer's stable, long-range offering.

You can view their flight paths here:

Vibram Lace • Prodiscus SLAIDi

As a reminder, the flight data in the inFlight Guide comes from a variety of sources. As additional flight data becomes available, it is possible (likely) that these flight values may change (e.g. get fine tuned) over time.

New Article

The folks at Rattling Chains provide a candid assessment of the inFlight Guide in their latest article. They cover our flight resources from a variety of perspectives and also documented a few suggestions that we plan on implementing in the next edition. Read on for more info!

Product Review: inFlight Guide

New Article

The folks at Rattling Chains provide a candid assessment of the inFlight Guide in their latest article. They cover our flight resources from a variety of perspectives and also documented a few suggestions that we plan on implementing in the next edition. Read on for more info!

Product Review: inFlight Guide

I wanted to let you know I think it is fantastic that you can see the article as constructive rather than critical. While I didn't contribute on that one, it is all too easy to read people's suggestions and immediately take them as negative. Kudos.

Just read the review article. I definitely hear what they're saying, both positive and negative. Here's my perspective, if I may.

Where I live, the closest courses (not counting my private course) are all basically an hour or more away in any direction. Thus, with a busy life, I don't get to spend a lot of time traveling to other courses. So the idea of seeing what other people throw and "wanting that disc" doesn't really apply to me. I am very infrequently on the course with other groups, let alone actually playing in a group. So, in my case, the information in the guide is tremendously useful.

I understand that there are limitations based upon throwing style, weather conditions, form, etc. However, based upon my experience with different discs on the charts, and my current throwing distance, I can make some well educated guesses about how discs that I haven't thrown will fly for me. Being able to compare discs that I have thrown, side by side with other discs that I haven't thrown, is extremely useful.

Last edited:
I wanted to let you know I think it is fantastic that you can see the article as constructive rather than critical. While I didn't contribute on that one, it is all too easy to read people's suggestions and immediately take them as negative. Kudos.

Hearing/reading something that isn't 100% flattering isn't always the easiest thing to take, but when it's structured in a meaningful, actionable way it's easy to use that to your advantage and as an opportunity to improve. We more or less take the Nietzsche approach of that which does not kill us makes us stronger. In our opinion, competition spurs innovation, as does constructive criticism.

Just read the review article. I definitely hear what they're saying, both positive and negative. Here's my perspective, if I may.

Where I live, the closest courses (not counting my private course) are all basically an hour or more away in any direction. Thus, with a busy life, I don't get to spend a lot of time traveling to other courses. So the idea of seeing what other people throw and "wanting that disc" doesn't really apply to me. I am very infrequently on the course with other groups, let alone actually playing in a group. So, in my case, the information in the guide is tremendously useful.

I understand that there are limitations based upon throwing style, weather conditions, form, etc. However, based upon my experience with different discs on the charts, and my current throwing distance, I can make some well educated guesses about how discs that I haven't thrown will fly for me. Being able to compare discs that I have thrown, side by side with other discs that I haven't thrown, is extremely useful.

:thmbup:

MVP Amp and the Innova Tern added to the inFlight Guide. View their initial flight charts here: http://bit.ly/Xqh4jd

What MVP has to say about the Amp: The Amp fairway driver has a smooth turn and substantial glide with minimal fade. It is excellent for both high and low power players looking for easy, controllable distance with accuracy.

What Innova has to say about the Tern: The Tern is a Speed 12 Distance Driver with a flight similar to the Archon with exceptional glide. As the name suggests, the Tern is an easy to turn driver for skilled recreational players. It makes a long range power roller for bigger arms. Newer players will find this disc a straight flyer with predictable fade.

As a reminder, these initial flight charts are based on preliminary data and are likely to change once additional flight data becomes available.

got the lot today man, all I can say is above and beyond...true legend. Club is in turmoil right now, but I will wear the shirt and start talking up the potential club version, but loving it. Sadly the black is a little to big for me, and the blue is not truly 'my' colour, but I will wear it of course :-D lmk when a black XL comes in.

Nate

Quite a few people correctly identified several of the discs in yesterday's impromptu contest, but nobody got all four, so we'll keep this going until somebody (or several somebodies?) can get 100%. Let's recap!

If you can identify & post the four discs we added to the inFlight Guide in the past three (now four) days, we'll pick someone at random (from all the correct responses) to win a free copy of the 2012 inFlight Guide.

What we know:
• Several discs come from the same manufacturer.
• At least one (but not all) of the discs is not produced in the US.

New clues:
• Were NOT officially launched and available for retail sale today
• At least one (but not all) of the discs was PDGA approved in September

Post your responses on our facebook page for your chance to win!

hey inbounds, forgive me if this has been asked before, have you ever considered representing some dics by the plastics they come in as well; the ones that affect the stability? a disc such as the PD that we all know is very different in each plastic would be an example.

hey inbounds, forgive me if this has been asked before, have you ever considered representing some dics by the plastics they come in as well; the ones that affect the stability? a disc such as the PD that we all know is very different in each plastic would be an example.

I second this! :thmbup:

We <3 feedback. Yes, there are plans to be able to model the disc flight based on a wide variety of variables and plastic type is one of those variables. We have a variety of different upgrades and additional flight resources that we'll be rolling out. Some in the near term, others in the longer term, but rest assured that this is something that is on our radar screen!

Latest posts