• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Universal Disc Flight Rating System & Graphic Flight Charts

Preliminary numbers for the Discmania TD2 Fever are up as of last night. Please keep in mind that for these new discs, as different sources become available, the flight ratings can (and probably will) change. It's typically not a crazy change, but a change nonetheless.

I've been flipping through the book at DN the last few days and y'all did a really great job on this. It's exciting to see something like this exist. Pages and pages of flight patterns... awesome.

Cool stuff, looks like a great resource! I'm curious about the placement of the zephyr and te moko speedwise, they show up as longer than a lot of smaller diameter discs that typically are considered faster/longer distance than super class discs like these.

This could be the single best disc gold related item to come out in a long time. I just looked up a few of the discs I use and your charts are really dead on with the way they fly. There seems to be an error though as you have the Buzz distance listed at 300' and everyone knows it's more like 400' on these boards brahhhhhh!

I laffed out loud and had my wife look at me when i did so...thanks!

Best thing since. Well, DGCR !

Thanks...just don't tell timg ;)

Cool stuff, looks like a great resource! I'm curious about the placement of the zephyr and te moko speedwise, they show up as longer than a lot of smaller diameter discs that typically are considered faster/longer distance than super class discs like these.

Could be a function of glide (which isn't explicitly factored into the flight paths/distances). There were multiple sources of data used for both of those discs, and they all more or less showed the same flight data.

Do yourself a favor and get a hard copy.

Fantastic effort. Fantastic information. Fantastic value.

I recieved my hard copy of the flight guide on friday, and it is worth every penny. It is the ultimate disc bible. I wish i had something like this when i was first getting into the sport, addicted to plastic, and not knowing what to buy. This should be in everybody's hand when walking into a brick and mortar store with a pocket full of cash.

In fact, i'll take it a step further... Brick and mortar stores should have a copy of this book hanging by a cord from EVERY shelf in the shop, just like walking into an auto parts store to buy an air filter.

I will be buying more to use as prizes for our bag-tag league.

Big update last night!

Updated the flight paths for quite a few discs as two data sources had updated/additional flight data and one new data source was included. By constantly adding, updating, and improving the data behind the inFlight Guide, we continue fine-tunes disc flight paths, giving you a balanced view of how a disc should fly.

Also, be sure to check out our Path to 1,000 Contest and help us help you!

S O L D _ O U T ! ! !

Our entire initial inventory of 150 books is gone in less than two weeks! Thanks to everyone that bought a first run copy (don't worry, there were no protostar stamped covers). For those that didn't get their hands
on one yet, the inbounds Disc Golf Store will be restocked later this week and you can pre-order to reserve your copy:

http://nvy.gd/RjDtpX

You can also purchase copies on Amazon.com:

http://amzn.com/1478288515

Or buy a copy from any of the retailers listed on the 2012 inFlight Guide home page:

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=819

How often does the data in the printed book get updated? When you sell out, does the next printing include any updates that have been made to the flight data?

How often does the data in the printed book get updated? When you sell out, does the next printing include any updates that have been made to the flight data?

Because print media requires more overhead, additional constraints, and a lot more time to properly develop and publish, our current plan is to update the book annually. Seeing as we're at the tail end of 2012, the 2013 edition will be out in late Winter/early Spring. However, if there are enough new molds during the year, we'll publish a "Re-Tee".

Love the avatar, BTW :thmbup:

It may have been asked before and I did try a search. I searched the thread for the words Roc or Rocs and didn't get any hits. So...

Using the Roc as an example, are you considering adding different versions of the same discs? I'm not expert on this at all and so it would be interesting to see what the variations are on a San Marino vs. an Ontario, etc. (

I have only ever carried DX and Star San Marino Rocs. I think that this would be cool, if not too cumbersome for you.

Thanks, again, for the links!

The thought has definitely crossed our minds. The issue that we have with this is source data. With the exception of KC Pro, the different toolings don't generally have independently rated flight data or even distinct manufacturer data. So if we wanted to display a different set of numbers for each type of Roc, we could only ballpark what the values would be for any given variation of the same mold...which goes against the grain of what we're trying to do (e.g. not provide our own opinions about disc flight, but to to normalize, aggregate, and average all available data sources).

Now, that aside, we will have some additional disc flight views available in the very near future. The timing is a little vague right now, so we're not going to divulge too much until we have a solid release date set, but we're going to be greatly expanding our functionality and features soon (which may help you to a certain degree).

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response and explanation. That makes perfect sense. Keep up the great work. I thought that I was set on my bag... but now the side by side comparisons have me thinking... which can be a bad thing.

The thought has definitely crossed our minds. The issue that we have with this is source data. With the exception of KC Pro, the different toolings don't generally have independently rated flight data or even distinct manufacturer data. So if we wanted to display a different set of numbers for each type of Roc, we could only ballpark what the values would be for any given variation of the same mold...which goes against the grain of what we're trying to do (e.g. not provide our own opinions about disc flight, but to to normalize, aggregate, and average all available data sources).

Now, that aside, we will have some additional disc flight views available in the very near future. The timing is a little vague right now, so we're not going to divulge too much until we have a solid release date set, but we're going to be greatly expanding our functionality and features soon (which may help you to a certain degree).