• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Version of DGCR Is Coming

That's another thing I hate about UDisc. There is 1 basket showing on the map, but when you click on that, you don't see the multiple courses listed, just one.
You have to scroll down to the layouts, open them, then you see the different courses. Since most courses on UDisc have multiple Layouts, you don't know if its 1 course, or more, until you open the Layouts.

I hope this is changed in the New DGCR.

Multiple courses are there - you just have to enlarge the map a bit with your fingers. Once you do this, you should then see the other courses of the complex.

Does anybody know if premium membership is changing? My yearly automatic payments were cancelled today…

A handful of recurring subscriptions would have still gone to me rather than the new owners. I just went through all the transactions in my paypal account tonight to double check things and canceled the few I didn't catch in my first go around.

These changes look pretty good so far. I always felt like having two log ins was kind of clunky, and the overall feel definitely gives me mid 2000's forum vibes. Which admittedly I kind of like because that era of the internet was more fun, but it's probably off putting to the modern iphone and instagram crowd.

I think we, the users, stopped supporting the social groups a few years ago. Same thing with the videos and tourney calendar sections. There are way better resources out there nowadays. I'm not going to complain if those or the disc organizer get the axe.

As long as the course directory and forums migrate over and work the way they are supposed to, I think we'll be alright.

Not sure which videos section you're talking about, but I'd be bummed if they removed the add video to a course page feature.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I always use them instead of photos if they're available.

I also make my course selections based off of which courses already have them. If I'm heading out to the beach for a weekend and I see three 18 hole courses, and one doesn't have a video, I go film one. Part of the course bagging experience for me.

If there's a dedicated video section I've managed to miss it this entire time I've been here.

EDIT: Yep, right on the home page, lmao. Somehow I've ignored the general videos section this entire time. Maybe I'll start adding some ace vids and whatnot.

Last edited:
Within the next two weeks, hopefully. Sooner the better (maybe this weekend), but a lot of changes happening right now, fine tuning, etc.

It will continue to be a work in progress, so we have a v1, v 1.5 etc already planned.
I also have to start saving some of the emoticons like this one to bring over.

Keeping the classic dgcr emoticons would be an awfully nice touch!
:popcorn: :D :) :| :\ :( :confused: :sick: :gross: ;)

I'm simply hoping they don't accidentally delete all our courses played lists. :|

That won't happen. The beta (I assume) did a copy of the entire database at some moment in time a month ago or so, which is why the beta doesn't have recent reviews and such. I highly doubt we'll lose any data when we switch over - but the website might be offline for a few hours while the switch happens.

Scratch what I said about the emoji's above....the sarcasm smiley seems to be broken. :|

Hoping for a thumbs up/thumbs down button in the seedier sections.

I have also contemplated that and the implications. It would be nice to have the thumbs down sometimes, if it could be used wisely, but mostly it would be related to trolling, bullying and bad feelings all around.

If you can't thumb something "nice" then don't thumb anything at all.

A laughing thumb/reaction would be a reasonable compromise.

I would like to see the ability to nice in a few of the casual harmless threads like "Dad jokes" or "what are you listening to right now"

I'm simply hoping they don't accidentally delete all our courses played lists. :|

We are working hard to preserve all data in all forms. Even if something doesn't make the immediate transition, we will be trying to put it on a future iteration, etc.

I too am looking forward to being able to use the reactions on all sections.

Already screenshotted mine in case this place tanks...

Not that I think it will. Also if we could edit or delete posts for a longer period of time, that would be great

Last edited:
Will there be an "old people" skin so us grognards don't have to deal with a new aesthetic?

Good question, I'm not sure I can make that happen at launch. Originally I did create one just for folks that like the 'retro' look...but you know how developers get when you request a lot of features.

So you might want to start cursing me now for good measure.