• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nick's updated bag!

Looking crescent fresh. Never thrown the XS but I've heard it overlaps with the viking, FWIW. So your Vector hyzers more but the Wasp handles wind better? Interesting. What kind of dome do you have on the Vector? My 1st run is a damn pig.

The only thing really missing IMO is a nice understable mid. BuzzzSS, Meteor, Fuse from least to more understable. Squall is worth mentioning too but I've never thrown one. Also heard the Flying Squirrel is nice, I've been looking for one myself.

It's kind of backwards having your distance drivers heavier than your fairways, since your slow drivers are usually for control. Maybe add a properly overstable driver like a Banshee if you feel you need it.

@BrotherDave
The XS is more stable than the Viking. Not by much, but really, I haven't thrown the Viking enough to give it a good spot in my bag. It's a little faster, being a 9 speed. I could essentially use it as an overstable driver since I'm definitely not throwing at a 9. The XS makes way more of an S curve than the Viking. It's kind of my first love in disc golf. Extremely predictable disc. The only way the XS is going out of my bag would be if I got an Elite Z one. Even then, I would probably just take out the Viking.

It's interesting, the Wasp I have is a lot straighter and more predictable in the wind than the Vector. The Wasp on Joe's Flight Chart is a 3.0 for LSS, and the Vector is a 2.5 for LSS. The Vector I have has a pretty big dome. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to keep both of them in the bag.

Also, I don't really see the "need" for an understable mid. My Buzzz holds pretty much any line, and I think the Leopard is slow enough to fill that gap. Same goes for my R-Pro Aviar. I think those two discs would fill the understable mid slot. Also, I have 176g DX Aero... I haven't really gotten into it, though.

I've thought about adding a Banshee for awhile, but everyone said "Teebird or GTFO," basically. The Champ Teebird I have has a monster dome, and a huge lip. It's almost an entirely different mold compared to the DX Teebird. I haven't thrown either one yet, so I'm not sure.

The weights of my distance drivers... well the Viking my brother found, and the XS I bought because I loved my other XS so much. I never really have thrown light discs. For awhile, I threw a 150 Class ESP Avenger and a DT Ultralight, like when I first started playing, but I never really stuck with using light discs. I typically like the beefier, heavier feel. The lightest disc that I started throwing more seriously was my 168g DX Archangel.

Another update, I got rid of the Viking. Gave it to my nephew. I'm thinking, if I need a replacement, I'll get a Z XS, as they are rated the same on Joe's Flight guide.

I'm thinking I'm going to shelve the Vector. It's a First Run, and my Wasp feels a little nicer.

All right!

So today I went out in the field, and I'm still managing to crank out discs about 250-275 feet with some OAT.

The DX Teebird will probably end up being my "go to" distance driver. It's such an easy disc to get out fair. The CFR Teebird is a bit more overstable. The DX Teebird is more like my Star TL, but with a much better feel.

The Champion Leopard is understable, as expected. It floats effortlessly and flies incredibly straight. I can definitely see this disc being put to great use with the courses around where I live.

I really like the yellow Champion Aviar. It's stiffer and a littler heavier than the red one I have. It holds lines way better and doesn't float around nearly as much. I think it will make an excellent driving putter.

The red Champion Aviar, I like it, it's a nice disc. I need to throw it a little more. It definitely won't take my R-Pro Aviar's place.

I found the Vector and Wasp to be just about equal, if not the Vector actually having a bit more LSS than the Wasp. Keep in mind my Wasp is ESP, and it's also pretty well seasoned and the Vector is much newer and has some flash.

I still need to do some throwing, but I'm sure by Spring time I'll have my bag figured out!

Latest posts