• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NIKE to purchase Innova

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Was talking with a local Innova rep on the course today and we got to talking about the state of the sport. He let me in on the news that NIKE sports is in the process of purchasing Innova. I was like "really, come on"...then to my astonishment he pulled out a prototype NIKE swoosh disc. I thought it was just a really good dye job, but underneath "NIKE #4109 173g" was imprinted. um wow. Got to throw it on two holes. overstable and fast. reminds me of the Boss but with a lot more glide.

Nike has done well with their ball golf line and realizes the potential now of disc golf as a popular upcoming sport. Seems that Nike wants in from all I heard today. Is Climo or Feldberg going to be the next Tiger for Nike advertising?

:eek::eek::eek:

Cant say that I like it though ... why wouldnt Nike just start its own line of disc golf stuff??

Never believe anything you read on a message board... especially on 4/1... :rolleyes:

Before I read the first message, and before I checked the date, I was thinking, "Their first prototype will be called 'The Swoosh'."

I read the message and instantly knew. Plus we all know that the big story is Google's buyout of DGCR ;)

Shoot dang, that would be really cool if Nike actually did buy Innova. It would take disc golf to the next level... and then some.

aww i wish you would let a few people get into a discussion about this one, then broken the news to them... I love google's April fools day jokes. This years is pretty good.

Nike is an Oregon company so I think this makes sense with all the great disc golf in that state. Those poor underpaid asians in the sweatshops will now be burned by hot plastic..I don't mind just make sure my stable disc is stable and my Roc better still rock! I heard a rumor that they will come out with an Air Disc Line or was it Disc Air..I'm not sure but I know the Xtra long driver will be called the Nike Air Force...I cannot wait to throw this disc. It's gonna be a whole lot of fun...I just hope the price of discs do not go through the roof!

Was talking with a local Innova rep on the course today and we got to talking about the state of the sport. He let me in on the news that NIKE sports is in the process of purchasing Innova. I was like "really, come on"...then to my astonishment he pulled out a prototype NIKE swoosh disc. I thought it was just a really good dye job, but underneath "NIKE #4109 173g" was imprinted. um wow. Got to throw it on two holes. overstable and fast. reminds me of the Boss but with a lot more glide.

Nike has done well with their ball golf line and realizes the potential now of disc golf as a popular upcoming sport. Seems that Nike wants in from all I heard today. Is Climo or Feldberg going to be the next Tiger for Nike advertising?

It got me for about 3 min. Nicely done.

Too bad Reebok's offer was outbid by Nike, I was hoping to see them incorporate "the pump" technology into my distance drivers.

Just something that I did real quickly in honor of the joke

n1452150020_86888_6330444.jpg

Latest posts