• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NIKE to purchase Innova

hehe...:D
sorry guys, too easy. plus I gave you a clue in there too. serial #4109? april,1,2009.

...funny thing is that it could be a possibility in the near future, maybe not with Nike but another big name company with $$$ to invest.

Last edited:
As soon as I got on here today, there was a Nike add at the top of the page that shows a new Nike Power Disc.. not sure if it's fake , but it looked pretty legit.

Tis question was posted to Dave from Innova 1 week ago... He dismissed it quickly.

Was talking with a local Innova rep on the course today and we got to talking about the state of the sport. He let me in on the news that NIKE sports is in the process of purchasing Innova. I was like "really, come on"...then to my astonishment he pulled out a prototype NIKE swoosh disc. I thought it was just a really good dye job, but underneath "NIKE #4109 173g" was imprinted. um wow. Got to throw it on two holes. overstable and fast. reminds me of the Boss but with a lot more glide.

Nike has done well with their ball golf line and realizes the potential now of disc golf as a popular upcoming sport. Seems that Nike wants in from all I heard today. Is Climo or Feldberg going to be the next Tiger for Nike advertising?

If Nike buys them out, I QUIT!
[throws discs/bag into nearest trash can]:rolleyes:

I was wondering about the Nike disc logo. Plus, I just saw this thread title. Funny, because there is a thread about disc golf going big and would a big company come in and ruin it...

Coincidence or setup?

tiger-woods-nike-commercial.jpg

This would be so sweet...if Nike really took to DG, imagine the amount of new courses and events we would see all across the country. Plus discs, might get a bit cheaper if a natural economy of scale would develop making it practicable for them to produce these overseas or in Mexico....
What would be really awesome is if DG blew up in Japan and got some of their engineers working on 'disc golf technology'....considering Japan is about 10 years ahead of us in most areas of technology, I'm guessing the sport would make some serious leaps and bounds!

This would be so sweet...if Nike really took to DG, imagine the amount of new courses and events we would see all across the country. Plus discs, might get a bit cheaper if a natural economy of scale would develop making it practicable for them to produce these overseas or in Mexico....
What would be really awesome is if DG blew up in Japan and got some of their engineers working on 'disc golf technology'....considering Japan is about 10 years ahead of us in most areas of technology, I'm guessing the sport would make some serious leaps and bounds!

Discs would get cheaper, maybe...but would they find a way to charge us to play?

Discs would get cheaper, maybe...but would they find a way to charge us to play?

That would be awesome! We absolutely need more pay-for-play courses! I'd love to have better facilities, like a pro-shop, beverage cart etc...
I would also LOVE to be able to get tee times!!! Nothing is worse than showing up at a course and you've got to wait for like 5 groups to tee off ahead of you...when, with a minimal amount of management, you could just call ahead, get a tee time, and waste a lot less of your time.

That would be awesome! We absolutely need more pay-for-play courses! I'd love to have better facilities, like a pro-shop, beverage cart etc...

Meh, forget the beverage cart, just give me the girl driving it :D :hfive:

I would also LOVE to be able to get tee times!!! Nothing is worse than showing up at a course and you've got to wait for like 5 groups to tee off ahead of you...when, with a minimal amount of management, you could just call ahead, get a tee time, and waste a lot less of your time.

I played a bit of ball golf, and while I enjoyed it, if a course needed a tee time, I usually didn't play it, becuase that meant it was crowded and a round would take hours. My fav course cost 7 bucs after 4:00 pm, was good enough, and I could tee off before the "leagues" and get 27 holes in, walking. show up, pay, play, no tee time.

I like the spontanaity (sp?) and informality of disc golf. Go when I want, often last minute, play however many rounds I want, sometime skip holes, or double back or throw three discs (as long as it doesn't impact others, I'm not rude...) or throw from alternate tees.

I'm very happy with the courses I've played. About a third of them have concrete tees, most have very nice baskets, good signage. I need no more amenities...I carry my drinks and if there are trees, I have a urinal...

I mean if a nice pay-to-play course were around, I'd play it once in a while, if there were something about it that made it better. But what would that be, unless it were a modest donation to help with maintenance?

Latest posts