• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Calls Foot Fault on Gurthie ... "Don't you shake his hand, bro.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, you're confusing your right and left.

I admit I did not know how the "walk putt" or "step putt" works. After seeing the video, and getting the definitions straightened out, I got it now.

It's his right foot that's behind the marker, and that foot holds the lie. His left foot is doing all the action before the disc's release.

In a game of trying to throw a disc into a basket from a long, long ways away, it makes little sense to spend so much time focused on something so inconsequential as the first 4 inches of a 3600 inch shot.

:hfive:

We have some stupid rules and this is one of them. The plant area for your foot on fairway drives should be made larger. Right now, its a small square box, and I don't think GG foot faulted.

Another thing, players officiating other players = epic fail. Players in competition with each other have no business calling rule violations, look at all the controversy it causes, obviously the system is broken.

The lie is a line, not a box.

Lie
The spot on the playing surface behind the marker, upon which the player takes a stance in accordance with the rules. It is a line 30 centimeters in length extending back along the line of play from the rear edge of the marker disc. The lie for the first throw on a hole is the teeing area. A drop zone is also a lie.

:hfive:

We have some stupid rules and this is one of them. The plant area for your foot on fairway drives should be made larger. Right now, its a small square box, and I don't think GG foot faulted.

Another thing, players officiating other players = epic fail. Players in competition with each other have no business calling rule violations, look at all the controversy it causes, obviously the system is broken.

First, it's not a box, it is a line.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with the rule as is. You don't change the rule because some people can't do it well. That's like saying we need to make the baskets bigger because some people can't putt well.

...... And "all the controversy" is among us Internet dweebs.....Not the players involved. The rule is fine as is.

Hopefully some people are learning the rules better.... And others are realizing they are being watched.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads I have seen here. Where is throwmorethenyoutalk? No offense to anyone, but disc golf is not a sport, the faster people realize that, the better off you will be.

Last edited:
That is the 2nd most ridiculous post I have seen on this thread. :D

Edit: hey - I just noticed I have almost exactly 1 post here for every unique hole I have played. :thmbup:

Last edited:
I think you missed the entire point of my post. I never even said if I was in favor of calling the foul or not. I'll bold key bit this time.

In a game of trying to throw a disc into a basket from a long, long ways away, it makes little sense to spend so much time focused on something so inconsequential as the first 4 inches of a 3600 inch shot.

I disagree with this sentiment. Sure, it's only 4 inches, but if that gives you a better li e to the hole and takes some mental pressure off during that throw as you're not worrying about hitting your lie exactly, you can easily get much more than a 4" advantage from that.

To everyone that thinks it was petty of Nikko to call a OBVIOUS foot fault, shame on you. I can only hope I get to play with you. If you fault, I will call it, I play by the rules, you do the same. If you don't you will be reprimanded for it.

If you are saying it's against the spirit of the game, no its not. If you refuse to call rules violations because you are afraid of being a 'snitch', you are acting the against the spirit of the game.

If you are saying he shouldn't have because it was a teammate, who cares. This is an individual sport, not a team sport.

If you are a person that get's pissed when you are called out on a rules violation, stop playing. If you were in a round with me and blew up because I called you out, I would continue to violate you on your faults (and possible courtesy violations). After all, you are just ruining your own game, not mine.

To everyone that thinks it was petty of Nikko to call a OBVIOUS foot fault, shame on you. I can only hope I get to play with you. If you fault, I will call it, I play by the rules, you do the same. If you don't you will be reprimanded for it.

If you are saying it's against the spirit of the game, no its not. If you refuse to call rules violations because you are afraid of being a 'snitch', you are acting the against the spirit of the game.

If you are saying he shouldn't have because it was a teammate, who cares. This is an individual sport, not a team sport.

If you are a person that get's pissed when you are called out on a rules violation, stop playing. If you were in a round with me and blew up because I called you out, I would continue to violate you on your faults (and possible courtesy violations). After all, you are just ruining your own game, not mine.

I am sure your point of view is completely valid. To me, this reads as "if you pay to play, be prepared to deal with petty behavior"... which is a main reason I am a spectator at pay to play events.

I am sure your point of view is completely valid. To me, this reads as "if you pay to play, be prepared to deal with petty behavior"... which is a main reason I am a spectator at pay to play events.

You believe that it's petty to hold all players to the same standards?

I disagree with this sentiment. Sure, it's only 4 inches, but if that gives you a better lie to the hole and takes some mental pressure off during that throw as you're not worrying about hitting your lie exactly, you can easily get much more than a 4" advantage from that.

Well said- It seems that very few people understand this.

A few inches is the difference between hitting a tree and parking your drive. It matters. We all know this.

I disagree with this sentiment. Sure, it's only 4 inches, but if that gives you a better li e to the hole and takes some mental pressure off during that throw as you're not worrying about hitting your lie exactly, you can easily get much more than a 4" advantage from that.

Well said- It seems that very few people understand this.

A few inches is the difference between hitting a tree and parking your drive. It matters. We all know this.

Agreed
Plus it is 4" per throw. Add up all those 4" advantages over a year, and you have had a sizable advantage over your opponents.

Adding the other advantages mashnut pointed out, and it is worth 'cheating' to get ahead, especially when an average 1 or 2 shots per round can mean middle of the pack to king of the hill.

I'm not going to read through the entire thread again, but one thing surprises me more than anything, that nobody has really mentioned.

Why the heck wouldn't these guys be out to get each other?

We can be friendly, AND cut-throat. This is a competition, with hundreds, even thousands of dollars on line. Just as players look to get any edge by bending, and breaking the rules, players should also call every foul they can to get ahead.

You believe that it's petty to hold all players to the same standards?

Not at all. I understand the mindset behind players policing each other by calling minor infractions. As a married man, I am well aware of minor infractions being interpreted as major issues. I respect the opinions and feelings of other people.

I am saying that I would not call another player for minor infractions and would not play with someone who did. Hence, I avoid the scene.

Not at all. I understand the mindset behind players policing each other by calling minor infractions. As a married man, I am well aware of minor infractions being interpreted as major issues. I respect the opinions and feelings of other people.

I am saying that I would not call another player for minor infractions and would not play with someone who did. Hence, I avoid the scene.

Who draws the line on minor vs. major infractions? What if another card is letting stuff go that your card is calling, and that card now has an advantage? I would much rather see the rules called consistently across the board than see people let things go because they're "minor" or they don't want to be "that guy".

Status
Not open for further replies.