• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Calls Foot Fault on Gurthie ... "Don't you shake his hand, bro.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to say Nikko locastro was my favorite golfer, but now that he pulled a bitch move and snitched in a round he was already loosing I would say he was a desperate man grasping at straws. No respect for those kind of players

Now this is funny. Calling names at a person for following the rules. Seems a little telling. Some folks have no real game. Play better. Don't suck.

This may come off as trolling the troll but.... Seriously.

Haha i cant believe how upset people are getting because of someone enforcing rules. Rules are there for a reason,if you dont want to call them,you probably break them too.

The one at 18:46 is obvious. He almost takes a full step past the lie before releasing the disc.

The problem with the way that DF does his walking putts is that it is not obvious. It is on the very hairy edge of being legal.....ways too close to call in real time and even too close to call on YouTube freeze-frame. This is as close as I could get with trying to get a frame grab at the moment of release:

attachment.php

If I was an NFL official going under the hood, I would come out without "indisputable visual evidence" regarding if his heel of his left foot was touching the ground at the moment of release.

Attachments

• WPDF.jpg
    WPDF.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 198
^that's very close, but there is a shadow under his left foot because you can see a tad bit of daylight between the shadow and foot.

Nikko foot faults fairly frequently on his straddle putts. He's been called for it before on a number of occasions. I wonder if he's simply frustrated with all the calls made against him.

Dave,

His support point, which includes his left foot, crossed the line (in this case almost a full step) before the release. This is a stance violation.

Unless I understand support point incorrectly?

In any case, his style leaves him susceptible to faulting. He almost releases and steps over simultaneously.

Edit:
C.Supporting point contact with or beyond the marker disc is permitted after the disc is released, except when putting.

If his left foot is a supporting point, which I believe it is, he clearly faults, because the left foot goes beyond the marker before release.

Last edited:
Nikko foot faults fairly frequently on his straddle putts. He's been called for it before on a number of occasions. I wonder if he's simply frustrated with all the calls made against him.

Or maybe, just maybe he saw a legitimate foot fault and called it like he's supposed to do.

I used to say Nikko locastro was my favorite golfer, but now that he pulled a bitch move and snitched in a round he was already loosing I would say he was a desperate man grasping at straws. No respect for those kind of players

But if Nikko was winning I bet you'd say that he was just trying to secure his lead even more :doh: What is this world coming to

The problem with the way that DF does his walking putts is that it is not obvious. It is on the very hairy edge of being legal.....ways too close to call in real time and even too close to call on YouTube freeze-frame. This is as close as I could get with trying to get a frame grab at the moment of release:

attachment.php

If I was an NFL official going under the hood, I would come out without "indisputable visual evidence" regarding if his heel of his left foot was touching the ground at the moment of release.

If you really want to check it frame by frame, you could download the video in hd mp4 format from youtube and use vlc or something to screen capture your evidences...

The problem is the game, the players, the system, the rules...it's all a mess. There are no officials. Everyone's a volunteer. The rules are unknown to most players, and too gray in many areas. You have noobs playing with veteran pros. The Am scam. The drugs. The image. The baggers. The lack of women. The growth. The kids. The lack of big sponsors. Disc safety. Illegal discs in play. Environmental impact of courses. Equipment uniformity.

On, and on and on.

All of these problems can be ironed out, in time. We're too small yet. Still in our game's infancy. If these things are addressed by the people who actually run our sport, we'll be stuck in this rut forever.

Good god, man.

And still you play on?

In a game of trying to throw a disc into a basket from a long, long ways away, it makes little sense to spend so much time focused on something so inconsequential as the first 4 inches of a 3600 inch shot.

Good god, man.

And still you play on?

That's exactly the reason disc golf is where it is. It's easy to sit back and just chuck some frisbees and pretend everything is fine. If that's what you want, that's fine. The casual game will always live on.

Some of us want game to progress. In order for that to happen, things have to change. It's as simple as that.

Sorry to keep rehashing this. But, that's what the internet is for, right?

Supporting Point
At the time of release, any part of a player's body that is in contact with the playing surface or some other object that provides support.

So, if Feldberg's left foot is in the air, at the time of release, it is no longer considered a supporting point, correct? If this is the case, it appears his putt at 18:46 was legal. If his left foot had touched the ground before release, it would have been a fault.

The putt at 09:57 is another questionable one. If it can be determined that his right foot was in the air before release, it's a fault.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I want to know what the official ruling on this would be.

Last edited:
For the love of God...Are we really still talking about this? The past 10 pages of this thread have been saying the same thing again and again and again. GG definitely foot faulted. Nikko showed much professionalism by reluctantly calling him out..even though most still think of him as a douche.

End thread

I said this on Page 19 and seemed to have been ignored... so I'll point it out again:

Watch how Ricky and his caddy shake hands at the end. It's the very same style... just not as vigorous. I simply think it's some kind of new style the kids are doing these days. Handshake and then finger lock.

It wasn't like GG grab his arm to pull him back. There is nothing in the video to convince me it's anything else as foot faults are called all the time. Not as often as they should, but it's not a rare as some here seem to think.

In a game of trying to throw a disc into a basket from a long, long ways away, it makes little sense to spend so much time focused on something so inconsequential as the first 4 inches of a 3600 inch shot.

So if you were carded with me in a tourney, would you let me throw from in front of my mark? Would you let me just throw from wherever I wanted to?

The rules are there so everyone plays by the same standards, what is so hard to understand about that?

Example:
player 1 has a 100' approach to the basket with some rough tree roots behind his mark, but no roots directly in front of his mark. Player 1 has an awkward stance for his throw, and misses his intended line forcing him to throw a second approach/50'+ putt.
Player 2 has the same lie as player 1, but player 2 steps over his mark into the ground that is clear from tree roots to take his shot. Without the awkward footing, player 2 hits the intended line and has a 10' putt.
In this example (one of many, many possible examples) player 2 did not follow the rules and was given a clear advantage over player 1.
This can easily translate to a situation in a tournament where a player on card A is called for a foot fault, but the player on card B is not called for the same foot fault. Now, not only did the foot faulting player on card B gain an unfair advantage over the ENTIRE field of other golfers, but an even larger advantage over the foot faulting golfer on card A who was called for the violation.

Rules are to make the game fair amongst all players.

Casual rounds are just that, casual. Some guys I play casuals with want to follow the rules to a 'T', others just want to toss some plastic and don't play with OBs. Either way a causal round is just that, casual.

The issue at hand is a violation call being made during a tournament, not during a casual round.

For the love of God...Are we really still talking about this? The past 10 pages of this thread have been saying the same thing again and again and again. GG definitely foot faulted. Nikko showed much professionalism by reluctantly calling him out..even though most still think of him as a douche.

End thread

Make that 20 pages actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts