• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Locastro: Disc Golf Expansion Project

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
Hey Guys,
I've been working closely with Nikko Locastro to help make his Disc Golf Expansion Project a reality. He has some incredible ideas and needs support from the devoted golfers here on our boards.

We are currently in the process of developing flyers for the Disc Golf Expansion Team and would really benefit from your help. Nikko is currently looking for pictures that embody the spirit of disc golf. The ideals of the "DGE" is to not only create a movement that builds disc golf for families, but makes disc golf more accessible to new players.

If you have pictures that you don't mind Nikko including in the presentation, or would be interested in joining the Street Team for the Disc Golf Expansion Project, please email Nikko directly at [email protected]

More details to come in the future. Things are starting to take shape!
"Throw Love"

Yeah, this sounds great! Can you tell us more about these ideas or how you plan to implement them?

Get nikko on here so he can 1 on 1 relate ideas to fans/fellow players for ideas. I have seen McBeast and Shoestrings on here recently but mainly for chatting. This is the #1 site for disc golf outside of some of the facebook groups.

Just a teaser...

For sure.
Nikko has devised some great ideas for this project.
A few of the main objective are:
-Develop a team of dedicated members to spread the accessibility of disc golf
-Help get disc golf into schools from elementary to the collegiate level
-Create Disc golf Brand: "Throw Love" that gives back to the Disc Golf Expansion project
-Plan the first disc golf festival: complete with music and great rounds
-Several other ideas that could take shape.

I myself am on the verge of student teaching and I plan to work with the school to make the children aware of the glory of disc golf. Ideally I will be able to get Nikko into some local schools to do what he does best.

For me this project offers the opportunity to work with a pro golfer to make the sport that I love more accessible to children and that, to me, is the ultimate step in growing Disc Golf as a whole.

:clap: Oh and I'll make Nikko get an account!

Last edited:
Get nikko on here so he can 1 on 1 relate ideas to fans/fellow players for ideas. I have seen McBeast and Shoestrings on here recently but mainly for chatting. This is the #1 site for disc golf outside of some of the facebook groups.

they've been communicated ideas via email, you should sign up for the mailer

not trying to turn this into an "image of the sport" discussion, but suggest to Nikko to drop the greatfull dead bears and hippy art designs currently on his line of merch so that ALL FAMILIES take his initiative seriously.

i think he's a great advocate of the sport, but families will be skeptical.

not trying to turn this into an "image of the sport" discussion, but suggest to Nikko to drop the greatfull dead bears and hippy art designs currently on his line of merch so that ALL FAMILIES take his initiative seriously.

i think he's a great advocate of the sport, but families will be skeptical.

That's silly. It's a person's taste, everyone is entitled to their own. They can ignore it if they don't like it.

That's silly. It's a person's taste, everyone is entitled to their own. They can ignore it if they don't like it.

It's not silly, because people won't ignore ONLY that... they'll ignore you, your message, what you're trying to accomplish, etc.

Yes, they will ignore it. Which is the opposite of his goal. Same goes for the disc golf "festival" that was mentioned. It creates an image of "Disc-stock," which turns off families.

I don't know if Grateful Dead or 'Disc Stock' would turn off more than being overly religious would. I'm in my early 40s and i have three boys (7, 8 & 16) and I wouldn't be turned off nor would i keep my family away. I can comfortably say the same for a majority of my friends and their kids and families.

Latest posts