• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Non-concrete pad companies

joshisaking

Hey guys,
My church built and operates a community center in Tallahassee, Florida, and one of our immediate plans is to install a disc golf course around the facility and recreation fields. We have a lot of woods surrounding, and a great course layout planned.

We established early on we did not want traditional concrete pads, and have done research into viable alternatives.

I've looked into these two companies for their pad setups and materials:

http://theteeboxco.com/
https://www.discgolfpark.com/

I've reached out to both for quotes and have received no responses after a few weeks, which makes me think ordering from them or working with them will likely be a pain if they take this long to respond to a quote request.

Does anyone have experience with a pad company, or have suggestions for other options we might pursue?

Horse stall mats work good. Or I see astroturf for free/cheap on craigslist a bunch. Concrete paver are another great alternative to pouring solid concrete pads. They are also movable with a little work.

Hey everyone, I did receive a response from Avery at DiscGolfPark. As it turns out, my office's new phone system prevented his voicemails from reaching me. So my bad! Thanks for the other options recommended. I'll definitely be looking into those as well.

I'm curious as to the advantages of DiscGolfPark tees over artificial turf that I may find at a turf specialty warehouse.
I have also been waiting on a response from DiscGolfPark, and am encouraged by Dana's participation in this thread.

I'm curious as to the advantages of DiscGolfPark tees over artificial turf that I may find at a turf specialty warehouse.
I have also been waiting on a response from DiscGolfPark, and am encouraged by Dana's participation in this thread.

I was told by Avery the DiscGolfPark TeePads are designed to last longer based on the way disc golfers step through their drives. In other words, you've got the run up and then the turn/twist at the end, which may cause premature wear on regular artificial turf.

There are lots of different types and styles of turf out there. We've narrowed all those choices down to what we believe is a high performing, fairly priced option. Proper pile height and yarn face weight are important to consider.

I can look in to see who is supposed to contact you, did you submit a request via discgolfpark.com?

There are lots of different types and styles of turf out there. We've narrowed all those choices down to what we believe is a high performing, fairly priced option. Proper pile height and yarn face weight are important to consider.

I can look in to see who is supposed to contact you, did you submit a request via discgolfpark.com?

This takes me back to my days as a carpet salesmen. "The Command Performance is by far the best bang for your buck." I'd go on to explain that if you compare the face weight to our other options, you'd see that you couldn't get the same amount of material without paying double. They would usually then ask my advice on color choices and I'd shrug my shoulders and tell them I was only concerned with durability, stain resistance, and value. I was a pretty lousy salesman. Form follows function in my world.

This shouldn't be taken as a critique on Dana. Durability is much more important to someone looking to install dg tee pads than to someone looking to put lipstick on a pig to sell a house.;)

Innova sells a package similar to that Tee Box Co. They might even contract directly through Tee Box Co.

Fly High makes some of the better Rubber Temp pads I have seen. Often used at the Toboggan course. I think the thicker version is what works best for these types of courses if it is going to be left in the ground for a while.

Last edited:
Pavers, if you want permeability. For the cost alone- Artificial are expensive, and in reality mean not as permanent as concrete or concrete products- and in most instances just as much work to install. Quite a bit more expensive and frankly, lets go back to Not Permanent, going to have to replace them -expensive and labor consuming.

GV