• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BEAVER RANCH AND CONCRETE TEE PADS!!

Good work on getting those teepads in there. Can't wait to see it all completed with concrete tee pads the whole way through.

Beaver Ranch and concrete

We'll be working at Beaver Ranch this Tuesday with work crews forming up as many of the pads as possible for a big pour this Saturday, October 13th. What we really need right now is another 1 or 2 cement mixers. If anyone knows of anyone that has one please ask if it's available for use and figure out a plan to get it there by Saturday am. We could use as many folks as possible to come help on Saturday also as I don't believe there'll be a workday scheduled at Bailey. Please let me know if you can help out for the final pour.

Please contact Rudy at 303.838.2777 or [email protected] if you can assist or provide a cement mixer.

Thanks.

Ponto

I'm hoping to play this course quite soon! Glad to hear that it's getting even better!

We'll be working at Beaver Ranch this Tuesday with work crews forming up as many of the pads as possible for a big pour this Saturday, October 13th. What we really need right now is another 1 or 2 cement mixers. If anyone knows of anyone that has one please ask if it's available for use and figure out a plan to get it there by Saturday am. We could use as many folks as possible to come help on Saturday also as I don't believe there'll be a workday scheduled at Bailey. Please let me know if you can help out for the final pour.

Please contact Rudy at 303.838.2777 or [email protected] if you can assist or provide a cement mixer.

Thanks.

Ponto

If you really want to get a good volunteer turn-out, pull the baskets.

I'm kidding, of course, but trying to make a point. It always amazes me how few guys come out to help, because they just want to play, probably on a course that guys like YOU have already spent countless hours on making improvements for guys like THEM. Good luck to you, those look sweet.

Last edited:
Beaver Ranch and concrete tee pads

From Rudy:

All,

Just wanted to let you know that the pouring of concrete tee pads is finished for this year. Too cold and too burnt out to attempt any more. Many thanks to all of you that participated and helped out, we could not have gotten as far as we did without your contributions and time spent on this project. You'll be happy to know that our effort was able to lift Beaver Ranch back in to the top 10 on this site (well it was there but has since moved back to 11)!

The following dozen tee pads are finished:

There's still enough sand and gravel up top to finish the remaining pads. I returned what cement was left so it wouldn't have to be stored for winter. I do have some tools, tarps and buckets that are not mine stored back at my house. If you left any of these behind let me know and I'll be sure to get them back to you. As soon as we finalize 2013 season passes at BR we'll make sure that everyone that contributed receives one.

Once again thanks for all your efforts on this project.

Rudy

Last edited:
Got to throw off the new pads last Sunday. What a treat, and GREAT job! Talked to Rudy a bit too while he was out by the hole 10 area and heard more about fire mitigation and the park and club's vision for more courses in the area.

You guys have a great thing going down there. Keep up the good work Ponto.

Was out there last weekend and was really impressed by the concrete pads! I originally wasn't super-fond of the idea, but they are a great size, perfectly laid, and are a great improvement. Hopefully I will be able to get out next year to help with the final ones.

What is up with the tree-clearing on hole #11 on the right-side and behind the basket? It was obvious they were still working on it but damn, they sure took out a lot of foliage/character in that hole. Fire mitigation?

Latest posts