• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Non-matching Practice Basket

OOP but now I would recommend modifying a Lighting DB-5 sold off Gotta Go Gotta Throw site, by powder coating two parts as well as getting more Gavanised chain for the inner most set with thin aluminum S hooks to crimp the inner set in place. Then taking every 3 outer set and moving that to the inner ring set, possibly using 2 or more S hooks to get the inner chains the right length so the chains sit right on that ring. Can get a Mach number top to have the baskets be the right style for the basket brand that is no longer made.

Did you ever get a Practice basket? I kind of want to see pictures please.

Yes. I found a used early version of the same basket built by the same company. It was galvanized and yellow. I broke it down and had it powdercoated to match the rest of the course baskets. It is slightly different in that the chains dont hang as low into the basket as those on the course. I'm going to attach photos of the practice basket and a course basket, I don't remember how to embed the photos in the post, so if someone wants to do that, that would be great.

Attachments

• Practice Basket.jpg
    Practice Basket.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Hole 2 Fog.jpg
    Hole 2 Fog.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 31
Yes. I found a used early version of the same basket built by the same company. It was galvanized and yellow. I broke it down and had it powdercoated to match the rest of the course baskets. It is slightly different in that the chains dont hang as low into the basket as those on the course. I'm going to attach photos of the practice basket and a course basket, I don't remember how to embed the photos in the post, so if someone wants to do that, that would be great.

Nice thing about that older model is it seems to me it will not catch nearly as well as the one with lower chains so... in my mind it works the way you want a practice basket too work. Still interesting basket brand, one course in South Dakota uses those brand of baskets in Red top and cage or University of South Dakota, USD. They are the other Alien in top in place of the numbers brand that took over the model of basket design before that company went out of business as well. I have yet to play that course in South Dakota but I hear it is nothing special.

Last edited:

First off, I wouldn't have worried too much about the practice basket being different from the baskets on the course, at least you have a practice basket. Much better than having different baskets on the course.

Second, nice work on that practice basket, very similar to the one on #2, EXCEPT, that doesn't quite look like Colt's blue! :D The one on #2 looks to be the right color. :thmbup:

Third, I can definitely tell that course is on the flatlands of Indiana. Hope to get back there one day to play some more courses. :clap:

GO COLTS!!

First off, I wouldn't have worried too much about the practice basket being different from the baskets on the course, at least you have a practice basket. Much better than having different baskets on the course.

Second, nice work on that practice basket, very similar to the one on #2, EXCEPT, that doesn't quite look like Colt's blue! :D The one on #2 looks to be the right color. :thmbup:

Third, I can definitely tell that course is on the flatlands of Indiana. Hope to get back there one day to play some more courses. :clap:

GO COLTS!!

I like both though missing Yellow of South Dakota State University, the Colors are both the modern Uniforms blue and then the older throwback Blue that SDSU uses for the University of South Dakota/South Dakota State Colors for sports when they play each other, they wear the throwback colors to the first time both the schools played each other with similar colors to what the schools have now just different shade.

Latest posts