• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

This coming from someone whose been playing for 1.4 years ;)

yup! I have played with guys who've been at it for 10+ years tho and they still have DX for years now.. so I'm sure that Z and Champ last more then 2 years..

nice call tho, I was sure someone would call me out on that :hfive:

yup! I have played with guys who've been at it for 10+ years tho and they still have DX for years now.. so I'm sure that Z and Champ last more then 2 years..

nice call tho, I was sure someone would call me out on that :hfive:

I have a DX Spider that's been in my bag for about 8 years now. :thmbup:

Does cold/freezing weather affect a discs flight? Does it become more understable/stable/overstable in colder weather?

the sweet skips you'll get once the snow hardens makes up for it though

snow? whats this snow thing you speak of? although i am sorely tempted to play in the ice storm later today or tommorow

anyway, what about lat 64? recently got a riot and a pure and love them both...just don't really know much about lat 64

Any thoughts for practice or training for a DGer on the DL? Can't play rounds, might be a able to field practice, but it's not looking good. Started hammer drills. Any other brilliant ideas, or should I just stay inside, drink beer and get fat(ter)? Got a basket, so I may be a able to putt a little, but that is the least of my game's problems.

Oh yeah, any form of exercise is pretty much out. Maybe stretching with no warm up would work.

The S line is basically innova's star plastic, and the P line is basically their pro plastic. P line PDs tend to have more glide, and start out less overstable, as well as breaking in quicker.

so the disc i have that is marked simply "Discmania PD" with very simple stampings is the same thing as the discmania PD's i see that have the word "Freak" included in their name except the freak beats in quicker?

like for instance, on the discmania website all there is for PD is "PD-Freak"

so the disc i have that is marked simply "Discmania PD" with very simple stampings is the same thing as the discmania PD's i see that have the word "Freak" included in their name except the freak beats in quicker?

like for instance, on the discmania website all there is for PD is "PD-Freak"

The PD and Freak are the same disc, it just comes in 3 different plastics, some of which don't always have the 'freak' name or stamp on them.

The PD and Freak are the same disc, it just comes in 3 different plastics, some of which don't always have the 'freak' name or stamp on them.

Just the same as DX, Pro, Champ, Star all have different stamps for the same disc

Just the same as DX, Pro, Champ, Star all have different stamps for the same disc

Except that you generally have the same name on all of them. With the PD/Freak, the P lines had the freak stamp at first, and the S and C lines didn't say freak anywhere on them, they were just labeled as PDs. Now it seems like at least the S lines are getting the freak stamp too, so they may be changing that.

The S line PDs have been getting the freak stamp since the second run. There are S line PDs with both the freak and non-freak stamps. I have not seen any P PDs without the freak stamp though.

nothing showed up in the search so here it is:

why do some players carry a chair with them? i see that they use them for putting their bag on and sitting in, but that just seems like so much to carry.