• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Strabane Twp. Disc Golf Course (southwestern Pa)

allinpflop

Eagle Member
A new course is being installed at 1929 Route 519 Canonsburg, Pa 15317

Myself and tistoude did the layout pictured below. We are in need of volunteers to help with fairway clearing and eventually tee and basket install. We hope to have the course playable by spring 2013. If you are interested in helping or offering an opinion on the proposed layout send me or tistoude a pm.

NSTmap.jpg

Dang I wish this was around when I used to work in Eighty-Four... I live in the North hills but work in Green Tree. I probably can't make it often but I might be able to lend a hand after work every now and then. Best of luck to you guys and please keep us updated!

Thanks to Tim and Aaron for coming out for the first work day. We cleared the fairway for hole 3. We started on the thickest part of jungle that the property has to offer. With the amount of time and people we had I feel like we got a ton accomplished. The next work days are sat the 6th and Sun the 7th. Tools needed are chainsaws and rakes. If you can make it let me know so we can coordinate our time and efforts.

I will be there again. I will be bringing grass whips, 3 sets of loppers, a couple of rakes and a pole saw. Hopefully I will be able to bring a couple of people with me.

Nice. If I can make it out to help I will. Still working out at Linbrook. Hope you guys can move quicker than we have been able to.

Is that a road that is beside hole 1 6 and 18? 18 looks awfully close to a parking lot?

The map is not exactly dead on accurate. 18 is not particularly close to the parking lot. 1 and 6 are parallel to a walking path (not quite as close as shown) but it is considerably elevated in repect to the course. Only a big spike hyzer would bring it into play and you have pretty clear site lines on both holes. 6 is almost a tunnel with trees on the left and a hill on the right. The course sits on a lower elevation than most of the rest of the park. Think of Orange Crush circling around the hill at a lower elevation.

ok. Just be careful around paths and roads. Seen a few courses get pulled because of someone or something getting hit. Think of the worst shot you could ever throw. Then think of other people who are no good at the game who might throw the disc 300 feet to the right or left of where your worst shot might end up. Once I get my car back, I'd be glad to put in some work hours.

We definitely are considering safety and making sure to keep pedestrians and disc golfers from joining (notice the pun). When you can make it down and see it in person it should all make sense. Once we get a bit further along we want to get as many people down to play with temp tees and baskets. At this time we can make small changes based on feedback and playability. In the meantime feel free to come down and help any time your free.

How big is this park?? Looks quite large, kinda like Whispering Falls? Anyway, I'm sure it will be fine, the road just looks real close in the pictures.

We are meeting at the back pavilion at 9am on Saturday. Feel free to drop by and help in any way that you can. Tools that would be useful are chainsaw, weedeater, rakes etc.

After a good 4 day weekend's worth of work the course is shaping up well! The front nine should be playable in the near future.

NICE!!! Good to hear. Wish we would have had more open space at Linbrook to work with. Sure is time consuming making fairways through thick woods.

When you gonna come play a round with me up there? Once you do, I'll come down and help you down there n at

Chris,
We are planning on working again this coming Sunday if you can make it let me know. If you need a ride that's fine too.

Walked the back nine again today. We have temp baskets in place for the front 9 and will post a map and list the course on here soon. What we need now is for you guys to come play the front 9 and give feedback before the permanents go in. Hit me up if you are interested.

I went and played a sunny day last week and the layout is pretty cool. I love the variety of it and I'm so excited to have a course a short drive away from washington.
I could not however find what I believe to be hole 7 and 8. I went past that little hexagonal pavilion and couldn't find the two holes that were supposed to be past that.
My two questions were...
Is #2 going to be cleared out any more? That hole has so many sapplings and vines hanging I can't see how anything but dumb luck will get you off the tee. Also is this course going to get t boxes for the holes? With the drainage of that place the mud is really bad.

The layout has changed since the map was posted in the fall. As far as clearing is concerned none of the holes are 100 percent cleared and 2 that I can think of still need tons of work. I would be happy to show you the revised layout and pick your brain. We are meeting on Tuesday of this week at 5pm to go over revisions to the front 9. If you are interested in coming out then or some other time shoot me a meessage on here.

Part 2 of your question.....yes tee pads will follow in due time along with pro level baskets. Myself and the other designer were surprised to see just how wet the course is in certain areas and are trying to come up with some solutions but those will be more long term rather than short term solutions.

Latest posts