• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NutSac Bag

Anybody using the double nutsac? I've been thinking about getting it but it does seem a bit much.

Did you iron on that patch, or sew it? Is it holding up well?

Ironed on first, then sew'n around the edges like one stitch every 2-3 mm or so. Took about 4 hours to do by hand, but it's on there like nobody's business and you can't tell where the stitches are.

Anybody using the double nutsac? I've been thinking about getting it but it does seem a bit much.

3 reasons I personally wouldn't buy the double nutsac;

1, design doesn't look as sturdy as other bags that hold the same # of discs.
2, more expensive than other bags that hold that # of discs.
3, it looks like more of a novelty built on the success of the original smaller bag.

If I could do it over again, instead of buying the Innova standard bag for when I want to carry about 10 discs, I would have instead spent the money on something like a mini revolution. (though I'm not a fan of those dorky water bottle holders on the side of bags that make it look like dumbo ears)

Did you sew through both layers of the bag, or just the outside one?

The one I saw didn't look that big, it wasn't bulky or anything.

Did you sew through both layers of the bag, or just the outside one?

Both layers, I recently put that on. As you know, the nutsac has an inner lining that is equal quality to the outside layer. After some wear and tear, both of the layers have kinda settled where they will always want to sit, so I went ahead and stitched through both layers. I think it'd be damn hard to get it through just one and it wouldn't be as strong.

Heya Fellas,

Thanks for talking about the NutSac! I always blush a bit. Thought I'd take a moment and explain why the NutSac is so damn expensive.

Here's the deal, technically our bags are not too expensive. Your bags are too cheap. Some folks believe that I'm being greedy and making too much money off the bags. Truth is, my wholesale profit margin is a paltry 36.5%. On the Original NutSac I make a whopping $8 per bag. I'm living it up, boys!

So why does the NutSac cost so much? Because that's how business works. Most retailers expect to double what they spend wholesale on a product. This is called Keystoning, everybody does it and it means a 50% retail profit margin (it's the same thing as 100% markup). When you buy a bag for $16, the retailer paid $8 for it. The distributor paid $4 for it. And the labor and materials cost about $2. Two dollars! That's all it cost to make that $16 bag.

If I made the NutSac in China, using what amounts to slave labor with no environmental regulations, I would pay about $5 for the bag. I could wholesale it for $10 (50% profit margin for me) and retail it for $20 (another 50% to the retailer). I'd probably make lots more money. But you'd have just another crappy Chinese-made bag.

When I build a NutSac, I know that I'm doing my part to help keep fellow Americans working during this time of crisis. I help keep my contractors in Chicago in business at a time when businesses are drying up. I help keep one of the last remaining textile mills operating in America. And I help disc golf shops have an American made disc bag option. BTW--I am very grateful to my dealers, especially since most of them are small shops who make less than 50% margin on the NutSac. We all take it in the shorts to bring the NutSac to you.

(I hear the other two American bag manufacturers--who make really cool bags, IMHO--generally don't wholesale. Presumably, because their bags would have to double in price.)

So you're welcome to say that the NutSac has a silly name (it does), and it looks a bit like a purse (Nancys probably shouldn't buy one), and it could use more features (sure, but remember, each stitch costs me about $1 which translates to $4 retail for you), and that we're a little Nuts. But, just don't assume I'm being greedy. There's more to life than money. I'm just doing my best to make a cool American bag as affordable as possible. And that, my friends, is indeed nuts.

I'll see you on the course. Hugs and kisses,
Greg

Well said my friend....:)

Heya Fellas,

Thanks for talking about the NutSac! I always blush a bit. Thought I'd take a moment and explain why the NutSac is so damn expensive.

Here's the deal, technically our bags are not too expensive. Your bags are too cheap. Some folks believe that I'm being greedy and making too much money off the bags. Truth is, my wholesale profit margin is a paltry 36.5%. On the Original NutSac I make a whopping $8 per bag. I'm living it up, boys!

So why does the NutSac cost so much? Because that's how business works. Most retailers expect to double what they spend wholesale on a product. This is called Keystoning, everybody does it and it means a 50% retail profit margin (it's the same thing as 100% markup). When you buy a bag for $16, the retailer paid $8 for it. The distributor paid $4 for it. And the labor and materials cost about $2. Two dollars! That's all it cost to make that $16 bag.

If I made the NutSac in China, using what amounts to slave labor with no environmental regulations, I would pay about $5 for the bag. I could wholesale it for $10 (50% profit margin for me) and retail it for $20 (another 50% to the retailer). I'd probably make lots more money. But you'd have just another crappy Chinese-made bag.

When I build a NutSac, I know that I'm doing my part to help keep fellow Americans working during this time of crisis. I help keep my contractors in Chicago in business at a time when businesses are drying up. I help keep one of the last remaining textile mills operating in America. And I help disc golf shops have an American made disc bag option. BTW--I am very grateful to my dealers, especially since most of them are small shops who make less than 50% margin on the NutSac. We all take it in the shorts to bring the NutSac to you.

(I hear the other two American bag manufacturers--who make really cool bags, IMHO--generally don't wholesale. Presumably, because their bags would have to double in price.)

So you're welcome to say that the NutSac has a silly name (it does), and it looks a bit like a purse (Nancys probably shouldn't buy one), and it could use more features (sure, but remember, each stitch costs me about $1 which translates to $4 retail for you), and that we're a little Nuts. But, just don't assume I'm being greedy. There's more to life than money. I'm just doing my best to make a cool American bag as affordable as possible. And that, my friends, is indeed nuts.

I'll see you on the course. Hugs and kisses,
Greg

After I bashed the product, I gotta respect the man (or woman) for the classy response. While the NutSac may not be the bag for me, and though I have my own disparaging opinions on it, it proves the DG community is comprised both of quality individuals and businesses.

FWIW, I like the tongue-in-cheek name :)

Revive! This is the thread to bring back to life simply because of NutSac's response. The bag has been out for several years now and is still badass. I've had mine for a year now and I still love it. It's in perfect condition after heavy use. I mainly use it for familiar courses when I know exactly what to throw and am not worried about losing discs. I have a Grip to carry the kitchen sink. They're great compliments to one another. It also gets A LOT of use as my guest bag. If I take anyone golfing who doesn't have their own gear, they get the NutSac. It's so convenient.

Essentially I can always fit 6 discs in it, but two putters is too tight. I use widemouth Nalgene bottles and just slip the cap's loop around the strap. No need for an attachment. I fit my phone and keys in the pocket, but I would dig it if it closed more completely. I wouldn't want a scratchy zipper, though, and nothing has ever popped out. Worth the $35? Yes! Am I thinking of getting another? Yes! Perfect gift, as well. The NutSac is extremely useful and awesome. Just wanted to share my experience.

Revive! This is the thread to bring back to life simply because of NutSac's response. The bag has been out for several years now and is still badass. I've had mine for a year now and I still love it. It's in perfect condition after heavy use. I mainly use it for familiar courses when I know exactly what to throw and am not worried about losing discs. I have a Grip to carry the kitchen sink. They're great compliments to one another. It also gets A LOT of use as my guest bag. If I take anyone golfing who doesn't have their own gear, they get the NutSac. It's so convenient.

Essentially I can always fit 6 discs in it, but two putters is too tight. I use widemouth Nalgene bottles and just slip the cap's loop around the strap. No need for an attachment. I fit my phone and keys in the pocket, but I would dig it if it closed more completely. I wouldn't want a scratchy zipper, though, and nothing has ever popped out. Worth the $35? Yes! Am I thinking of getting another? Yes! Perfect gift, as well. The NutSac is extremely useful and awesome. Just wanted to share my experience.

I got a double nutsac for christmas last year and it works great for my winter rounds where I usually go extremely minimalist. Great bag no doubt.

I love my nutsac and if i play my home course its all i need. I love catching a group with full sized bags filled grips etc with my sac. then i proceed to bomb my drive and their expression changes. something about smaller bags makes people think you are a chucker. I love that!!!

:thmbup: Couldn't agree more.

Almost always bring my Grip to the course and will toss in a few smaller bags as well, so I can go light or go big depending on the course. I have found the NutSac to be perfect for quick rounds, Ace Races, guests and smaller courses. I can travel light and move quickly to play my rounds, especially in the humid summers when every ounce counts.

Big fan of the NutSac and it is still the only bag I own that was there to witness my only Ace. Hmmmm, maybe I should carry it more. :D

I love my small Nutsac. I pick the discs I need for a course, 5-6, and then go have fun. I have a left shoulder issue and any bag is uncomfortable. So I cut the straps and made a leather handle with end grommets. Then I put grommets in the bag and I have a Nutsac satchel using carabiners and the grommets. Love it. I score better with a cadre of 8-10 discs that I know well to pick and choose from. I attach a Camelback to one of the carabiners and off I go.

love my nutack for my home course. it fits 3 putters and 3 mids comfortably now, which is all i need. definitely a worth while investment.

I wear my Utilikilt when I play and a friend of mine is making me a disc golf sporran. Traditional leather sporran, but big enough to carry disc golf discs. That will probably become my bag for just running a few discs, but I do want to get a Nutsac as well. Options are always a good thing.

Have a Nutsak that goalie Jr. uses when we play a round together. Love the quality and the minimalist vibe. Highly recommend the product.

Just wanted to share these pics of my sac's setup. I took an extra laptop bag strap and cut off the clips on the end and ran them through the Nutsac straps. That's a roll of tape peeking out on the left side with my towel.

78f2a78f-e600-4c76-84a5-66373a8aaa1d_zps222f8901.jpg

e837b6a8-11ed-42d9-bcbc-1bbdb2c15a79_zps55bb45c7.jpg

Last edited:
I too love my nutsac.
With the help of my MIL I made a putter pocket that snaps on. Could not find the exact color canvas but it looks pretty cool being two toned.
With the putter pocket I can carry 10-11 discs.

I was on the fence when I purchased mine but after a few emails with the owner I had to get it. Stand up guy, making a great product, great customer response, belief in his product and made in America.

Sometimes I wish I would have just bought the double version. After buying the canvas, a fabric pencil, snaps and the time it took me and my MIL to make the extra space I spent almost the price difference between the regular one and the double. It is sort of cool that I made the expansion but...it is not perfect and hangs a little wonkie.

I now find myself only using the extra space when playing new or longer courses. Most of my rounds lately have been with the six discs that I know the best.

Picture right after the sewing. Snaps not installed.
Will try to get a finished picture tonight after I shoot my record round.

Attachments

• nutsac.JPG
    nutsac.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 106
I came to the sad realization that I am just as bad with six discs as I am with sixteen:(. So I switched to the single Nutsac and have realy enjoyed the bag. I carry a putter two mids and three drivers. I did pick up the beverage holster which is nice. Overall great product I never feel like I am carrying anything which is nice.

Latest posts